Gun Control

13 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Pretty much a chickens#!t and self serving way of partially accomplishing something the hard way. Let me get this straight- we know assault weapons in our communities are a problem so, instead of implementing sensible laws, we’ll tax the s#!t out of them. Our government is such a f#&%ing treat.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Pretty much a chickens#!t and self serving way of partially accomplishing something the hard way. Let me get this straight- we know assault weapons in our communities are a problem so, instead of implementing sensible laws, we’ll tax the s#!t out of them. Our government is such a f#&%ing treat.

I don't really have a problem with him doing this. Sensible laws are being blocked and have no chance of passing. The problem is the people blocking those laws, not the guy attempting to do something that has a chance of passing. But it's a different discussion if you just think the higher tax is a bad idea in and of itself.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't really have a problem with him doing this. Sensible laws are being blocked and have no chance of passing. The problem is the people blocking those laws, not the guy attempting to do something that has a chance of passing. But it's a different discussion if you just think the higher tax is a bad idea in and of itself.

I don’t have a problem with the tax or that this might actually work to reduce the number of certain types of weapons. However I do find it sad/frustrating that they can’t seem to just deal with the problem head on. They’re just weak, ineffective and dysfunctional.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t have a problem with the tax or that this might actually work to reduce the number of certain types of weapons. However I do find it sad/frustrating that they can’t seem to just deal with the problem head on. They’re just weak, ineffective and dysfunctional.

Ya I agree with that. I see it more as I don't really blame the guy for having to go to these lengths. I blame the unreasonable people who care more about staying in power than about doing the right thing.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

They're exactly what conservative voters want. Stop blaming them and start blaming the constituency that elects them. 

If conservatives really wanted to stop Assault Rifles from massacreing school children, they'd punish politicians who allow it. They don't want to stop Assault Rifles from being in the hands of pretty much anybody, so they vote for politicians who do. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

They're exactly what conservative voters want. Stop blaming them and start blaming the constituency that elects them. 

If conservatives really wanted to stop Assault Rifles from massacreing school children, they'd punish politicians who allow it. They don't want to stop Assault Rifles from being in the hands of pretty much anybody, so they vote for politicians who do. 

I choose to blame both the soulless idiots AND those who vote for them.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A lot of guys who love posing with guns are total pussies when the s#!t gets real. 

This is why arming teachers is bad.

If people that LOVE guns don't want to use them in those situations, imagine what it would be like for someone who doesn't love guns.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The door wasn't even f#&%ing locked? Someone within the department needs to be locked up for this. 

That's why the Texas State Government is pushing that nobody investigate the police's actions any further.  They know people screwed up during the shooting, but they don't want to hold those people accountable.  It's their version of "backing the blue".

• Plus1 2