Gun Control

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Accident or not, I think it’s a great idea!

Could be a great compromise.  You can own whatever you wish, but your neighbors also know how big your penis is :thumbs

And SCOTUS just ruled that “reproductive privacy” is a States issue, so..,:dunno

The laughy face was me. I like sarcasm. You don't see any issues down the line as gun control becomes more heated?

Would your view be the same if someone does the same thing  with abortion records in States where it is fully legal?

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The laughy face was me. I like sarcasm. You don't see any issues down the line as gun control becomes more heated?

Would your view be the same if someone does the same thing  with abortion records in States where it is fully legal?

In regards to the 14th amendment, I agree 100%.  Unfortunately we lost that protection a few days ago.

At least gun owners get to keep their guns.

ps: I think a lot of women would welcome the chance to share why they had “abortions”.  My wife would!

I also think most gun owners could easily justify what guns they have and what they use them for.

• Plus1 2

To continue, it started as sarcasm, but I like where it’s going.

if I know my neighbor has a shotgun only to be used between October and January for hunting, I can raise a “red flag” when he is pacing around the yard with it in May. This actually sounds like a great idea!

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, funhusker said:

To continue, it started as sarcasm, but I like where it’s going.

if I know my neighbor has a shotgun only to be used between October and January for hunting, I can raise a “red flag” when he is pacing around the yard with it in May. This actually sounds like a great idea!

I see issues regarding false accusations on the red flag part if these gun owners info is all public.

But, I suppose if judges do their due diligence that can be overcome...?

Your wife and my wife have vastly different views on abortion evidently. No bad or good...just an observation.

57 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I see issues regarding false accusations on the red flag part if these gun owners info is all public.

But, I suppose if judges do their due diligence that can be overcome...?

Your wife and my wife have vastly different views on abortion evidently. No bad or good...just an observation.

Yeah..my wife wants desperately to have another child….

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The intent is nice, but the likelihood of abuse or even the appearance of abuse by government officials never should have let this pass the laugh test.

Personally I don’t think it’s a bad idea. A large number of these mass shooters have left a mile long trail of red flags on their social media accounts.  Managing it fairly and equitably without bias seems almost impossible though. But I don’t care, I basically have no social media presence and what I do have would bore people to death.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Personally I don’t think it’s a bad idea. A large number of these mass shooters have left a mile long trail of red flags on their social media accounts.  Managing it fairly and equitably without bias seems almost impossible though. But I don’t care, I basically have no social media presence and what I do have would bore people to death.

They do...but I feel like it is AFTER they bought their guns.

But then again NY is nuts soooo..

54 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I fully support the intent, but I don't really see it holding up in court. Who gets to define what is and isn't acceptable? And how is that applied equally? Is there a review or appeals panel of some kind? How would any of this be allowable given the courts current interpretation of 2A?

15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I fully support the intent, but I don't really see it holding up in court. Who gets to define what is and isn't acceptable? And how is that applied equally? Is there a review or appeals panel of some kind? How would any of this be allowable given the courts current interpretation of 2A?

Yep, great idea that can never be implemented. 

:steam

Welp...  5 people dead 16 wounded so far (they are saying their could be more) at a 4th of July parade just after 10 am here in IL at Highland Park which is a suburb just north of Chicago.  Unbelievable.  Evanston, Morton Grove and multiple area towns now all cancelling their parades.   Witnesses saying the shooter used a military style weapon.  I'm so sick of this BS...

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

:steam

Welp...  5 people dead so far (they are saying their could be more) at a 4th of July parade just after 10 am here in IL at Highland Park which is a suburb just north of Chicago.  Unbelievable.  Evanston, Morton Grove and multiple area towns now all cancelling their parades.   Witnesses saying the shooter used a military style weapon.  I'm so sick of this BS...

I don't even want to look but I'm sure the lazy takes are already rolling in that gun laws are strict in Illinois and this proves they don't work.  :facepalm: