Gun Control

One of the problems with so many guns in circulation is that they can reduce a person’s inhibitions and that could escalate certain situations. Like this morning…I was driving across town to get some breakfast burritos and ended up next to this knuckledragger in an old pos pickup flying an American flag and a f#&% Biden flag off the bumper. I’d never noticed before but his flag also said “and f#&% you if you voted for him”. That portion kind of set me off. Normally I wouldn’t say or do anything but I did have my 9mm in the truck with me so I flipped him off and mouthed “how about f#&% you” as he was looking at me. Surprisingly Mr. backwards dips#!t didn’t do anything but a deal like that could’ve easily escalated. So I’m a DB but I figured it was only fair if he’s going advertise his feelings with a flag like that.

Maybe we need an Angry Violent Center thread :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

One of the problems with so many guns in circulation is that they can reduce a person’s inhibitions and that could escalate certain situations. Like this morning…I was driving across town to get some breakfast burritos and ended up next to this knuckledragger in an old pos pickup flying an American flag and a f#&% Biden flag off the bumper. I’d never noticed before but his flag also said “and f#&% you if you voted for him”. That portion kind of set me off. Normally I wouldn’t say or do anything but I did have my 9mm in the truck with me so I flipped him off and mouthed “how about f#&% you” as he was looking at me. Surprisingly Mr. backwards dips#!t didn’t do anything but a deal like that could’ve easily escalated. So I’m a DB but I figured it was only fair if he’s going advertise his feelings with a flag like that.

Dude.  Be careful engaging those people.  Those jack-assess and their bumper stickers used to piss me off too, though.  Now I try to just imagine how pathetic their life must be that they have to resort getting their feelings out in that manner.  

Why does that Trump loving, Biden hating, bumper sticker crowd always seem to be driving older POS pickups?  You never see those on Camrys or Accords.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Dude.  Be careful engaging those people.  Those jack-assess and their bumper stickers used to piss me off too, though.  Now I try to just imagine how pathetic their life must be that they have to resort getting their feelings out in that manner.  

Why does that Trump loving, Biden hating, bumper sticker crowd always seem to be driving older POS pickups?  You never see those on Camrys or Accords.  

You can’t “roll coal in a Camry”!!!

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Yeah I know better. It wasn’t even the “F Biden” that got me. It was him having the balls to drive around telling other Americans who exercised their right to vote for somebody different than him to FU too. I got real pissed real fast. The thing is, I consciously thought that guy has a gun for sure and I still flipped him off and mouthed FU to him anyway. I don’t think I would’ve done that if I didn’t have my 9mm handgun with me. I’ve got to do better for sure but I really think we’re going to start seeing more confrontations based on politics. I see no signs that interactions with these far right whackos are going to improve. It’s really the only reason I still have an AR at the house. I really really hope I never need to pick it up but if I had to wager on it….

On 7/9/2022 at 11:30 AM, JJ Husker said:

Most of the people who fly the big American flags on their trucks or make sure everyone knows how much they love the police think there are millions of Americans out there who hate their country and/or hate the police because they voice concerns.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, Decoy73 said:

It's a lifestyle/image thing. 

That said, I've never in my life understood people who place so much identity association with their political leanings and ideologies... at least in the sense that they get so angry and worked up about it. I'll never have a political bumper sticker. I'll never have a political yard sign. I'll never hate someone for who they voted for (even if I think they made a moronic decision in voting for that person). To me, that's humanity at some of its lowest common denominators.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

It's a lifestyle/image thing. 

That said, I've never in my life understood people who place so much identity association with their political leanings and ideologies... at least in the sense that they get so angry and worked up about it. I'll never have a political bumper sticker. I'll never have a political yard sign. I'll never hate someone for who they voted for (even if I think they made a moronic decision in voting for that person). To me, that's humanity at some of its lowest common denominators.

I agree.  I've never seen a group of people so passionately identify with their political ideologies to a point where it spills into other parts of their lives.  Sure, there has always been someone somewhere that is over board.  But, I've never seen 1/3 of American voters like this.  Especially, when it's for their love of one person.  In another thread, I posted a quote from Marge Three Names claiming that the only people who love America and are willing to work to make it better are Trump supporters.  That is so amazingly anti American that I can't even believe it's a thought in so many people's minds.  We fought an entire war to get away from a king.  We don't need to go back to that.

• Plus1 2
On 7/9/2022 at 11:30 AM, JJ Husker said:

First I call BS on the whole story it sounds made up, but just so I understand this correctly, YOU willingly engaged with someone who's opinions are different than yours.  Verbally harassed   this person,  again because his opinions are different than yours and the only reason why you did it is because you felt like a big mad with YOUR gun, we have no idea if he had one or not.  And the person who did not start this altercation or do anything after you did your little song and dance is a "DIPSH IT" AND A "Knuckledragger"  

You are right they do reduce a persons inhibitions, why didn't you challenge him to a fist fight if you are so brave or are you only brave when you have a gun?

• Haha 1