Gun Control

53 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I have traditionally found stories of 'good samaritan' gunmen who take out active shooters largely to be annoyingly frustrating red herrings.

In these rare scenarios, yeah, it is good someone stopped four people shot from being more. But mass shootings make up only a small portion of the overall gun and gun violence problem in this country. Not to mention that fact that most homes don't have guns. Most people don't want to own or carry guns. So, when you get these stories, all it primarily does is manifest these fringe firearm fantasies for gun activists to latch onto as proof of what a well-armed citizenry can accomplish. Never mind, of course, the obscene access to guns our adults and children have, the number of suicides committed by them, the majority number of crimes that happen with guns that are unrelated to mass shootings, etc...

I agree with your premise and the results of having so many guns  but think it’s a little misleading to say that most homes don’t have guns or that most people don’t want to own or carry guns. According to this poll, it looks to be more of a 50/50 split with larger differences based on geography, political lean etc.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/264932/percentage-americans-own-guns.aspx

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't it Republicans that want to give these guns to teachers?

What is Massie even referring to?  Aren't people pushing to arm teachers usually conservative?

edit:  Ha!  I didn't see your comment, just the Twitter post...

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gotta admit, she’s good. 

Mr. Killoy, with all do respect the trigger mechanism is not internal to the fire arm, and doesn't see those pressures. Know your product!

Porter's line of thinking and questioning (regardless of whether or not you agree with her stances) should be the gold standard for our representatives. She's thoughtful, factual, and reason-based.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1