Gun Control

18 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I know I am a broken record, but, the only way for us to solve this is for ALL of the country to come together.  As long as we are divided, this crap will keep happening.  

I disagree.  It only takes about 2/3 of the US Congress and 3/4 of State Legislatures to come together.  The others can either live with the democratic policy or move.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

26 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I disagree.  It only takes about 2/3 of the US Congress and 3/4 of State Legislatures to come together.  The others can either live with the democratic policy or move.

That is the problem, this goes way beyond the legislative progress.  This is a societal issue.  If you wait on government to fix anything we will wait for ever.  Politians are really the biggest problem in this country.  They are ALL self serving and only act like they care about us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
58 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I know I am a broken record, but, the only way for us to solve this is for ALL of the country to come together.  As long as we are divided, this crap will keep happening.  

The only way to solve it is to get rid of the guns. We know this is the solution because it has worked in every other first-world nation. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
7 minutes ago, commando said:

i had to duck and cover when i was in school....and lot's of fire drills...but fortunately i never had to do it for real. .  this girl has gone through many active shooter drills...and actual school shootings twice now.   

There was a school shooting at a high school in Michigan less than a year and a half ago not far from MSU.  Some of those graduates are now Freshman at MSU the news has reported so they too have gone through not just one but two school shootings in less than a year and a half.  

U f’n believable 

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

The only way to solve it is to get rid of the guns. We know this is the solution because it has worked in every other first-world nation. 

I have said this for years but even "responsible" gun owners don't want to give up their guns.  

Make bullets cost 1000 dollars per round

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have said this for years but even "responsible" gun owners don't want to give up their guns.  

Make bullets cost 1000 dollars per round

This would all be solved if schools only had one entrance that was locked from the inside and if teachers like you, and every student, was armed to the teeth.  In the event some six year old amongst all his gun toting classmates wants to shoot the place up, we expect you or your armed classroom to blow that six year old away.  You need to know that student's intentions first.  No do overs, no oopsie daisies.  Got it?

Then to further protect our kids we're going to make sure that they never, ever read woke garbage about how Roberto Clemente rose above the challenges of racism he faced on the way to the Hall of Fame.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
59 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This would all be solved if schools only had one entrance that was locked from the inside and if teachers like you, and every student, was armed to the teeth.  In the event some six year old amongst all his gun toting classmates wants to shoot the place up, we expect you or your armed classroom to blow that six year old away.  You need to know that student's intentions first.  No do overs, no oopsie daisies.  Got it?

Then to further protect our kids we're going to make sure that they never, ever read woke garbage about how Roberto Clemente rose above the challenges of racism he faced on the way to the Hall of Fame.

Geeze

I am sort of just hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

• Haha 3