Gun Control

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. That "solution" is fascism. 

Right.  Like the Nazi's that threw people into gas chambers and ovens after disarming them.  

Except the exact opposite.  

The density...smh.

You're the same one who posted death penalty for anyone involved with guns.  You may be at a point you embrace rage-fueled arguments more than truly cogent solutions.

• TBH 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Red flag laws actually are constitutional.  Detaining someone indefinitely who hasn't broken the law just based on something they said....I'm pretty sure isn't....until it's involved in breaking the law.

Now....if we are going to totally question and change the constitution to try to fix this....OK....just be prepared that the 2nd amendment is going to be questioned too.

WaPo's biased article on why Red Flag laws are not an infringement on due process is not the footing I'd call authoritative.

At what point does monitoring these mentally unwell become action in your reality?  

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s beginning to look more and more like the system we had in place to stop this shooting didn’t work.  Had it been followed, it’s likely the shooter wouldn’t have had the guns to commit the crime. 

The mental health system needs complete reform. The people in power today are unfit to do so.  I'm not sure there's been a recent administration to handle it.

• Plus1 2

Just now, knapplc said:

Did you feel the whoosh of air when that obviously facetious "death penalty" post went right over your head? 

It actually is a refreshing, cooling respite from your contemptuous cauldron... as you ironically liken my position to fascism, desire to save "just one more life," then champion Nazi disarmament measures.

What lives do you really care about?  The groups you favor or all life?   You're not getting all the guns off the street tomorrow.  Today, I posted admitted sociopaths threatening innocents.  What's your move?  The first was to point out a loner that wasn't violent.  What's the realistic play to save lives now?

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

WaPo's biased article on why Red Flag laws are not an infringement on due process is not the footing I'd call authoritative.

At what point does monitoring these mentally unwell become action in your reality?  

I'm not basing anything on a WaPo article.

So....you're OK with going against the constitution in one area, but argue that something is unconstitutional so can't be done in another.

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

First time visiting the gun control thread or even being outside a football-related forum. The contemptuous, emotional speaking and free falls are surprising and enlightening.  

To interrupt the spiral, the CS shooter is as abhorrent and reprehensible as the latest shooter.  Here is the list of mass shooters who are not bereft of moral decency:

-start-

-end-

Right. And here is the list of posts you've made about gun control prior to the day a mass shooter is identified as trans.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not basing anything on a WaPo article.

So....you're OK with going against the constitution in one area, but argue that something is unconstitutional so can't be done in another.

I proposed an option.

When does your monitoring solution yielded action?   I hope it's before a burial ceremony.

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Right. And here is the list of posts you've made about gun control prior to the day a mass shooter is identified as trans.

You're trying desperately to make it personal because this issue pervades your life.  I know it is not easy as, I believe, you stated prior.  I assure it's not personal.  

Mental illness is not bound by gender, race, or creed.  And dealing with the fruit of the sickness will only yield bad fruit again.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

I proposed an option.

When does your monitoring solution yielded action?   I hope it's before a burial ceremony.

As what has been typical in these situations.  

Last year, the FBI was monitoring a far right right wing group in northern Idaho.  They were monitoring what these people were saying on social media...etc.  They got arrested and detained when they actually took action to do something that put people in danger.

So....like I said, you're obviously OK with throwing the constitution out.  That's interesting.

• TBH 1

Hey, @DefenderAO, I’m singling you out because you’re on a roll with all these anti gun control posts.  You mentioned “overhauling mental health .”  In what ways?   MH always gets thrown around after shootings, but no one ever seems to give viable suggestions on what to do about it.  

Also, would you be opposed to banning high capacity magazines and severely limiting the future sales or transfers of AR-15 style rifles?    I know it wouldn’t solve the problem, but it would very likely lessen the carnage.  

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I agree with @BigRedBuster that when they commit a crime, they should be punished. Your solution is to preemptively lock people up before they commit crimes. That's fascism. 

Fascism takes guns from people and serve despots.  Then kills dissenters as they rule through tyranny.  

So, your realistic solution is reactivity.  Guns are not coming off the street anytime soon.  Sociopaths are posting threats now.  Let's just wait and see more sheep get slaughtered...

You have something better than that?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1