Gun Control

Here an idea for the do something crowd that want to reduce the gun murder rate.  2 simple solutions…..

confiscate all AR platform guns from everywhere and stop selling new.

confiscate ALL guns from a select few zip codes across all the 100,000 plus person cities in the US and gun murders (based on historical data) would reduce by near 80% with just those two laws alone.   Everyone else and every other gun is fine.   Happy compromise as it’s a win win win.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Here an idea for the do something crowd that want to reduce the gun murder rate.  2 simple solutions…..

confiscate all AR platform guns from everywhere and stop selling new.

confiscate ALL guns from a select few zip codes across all the 100,000 plus person cities in the US and gun murders (based on historical data) would reduce by near 80% with just those two laws alone.   Everyone else and every other gun is fine.   Happy compromise as it’s a win win win.  

No one would ever be murdered again.  The bazookas off the street set that precedent...

With all the criminals now obeying the laws, we are now unbound to love and accept all people...who think us...

;)

On a serious note, the zip codes bring up a very valid point on the concentration of violence in our country.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So you're saying there is no cultural issue in America?  When the data shows where the violence is happening, and even can get to the areas within cities it's prevalent?  

The reparations concept is no leap. "We're owed to make amends" is a continued fuel to the divide-fire.  

I'm going to disengage again, because you've been given tons of really solid counter-arguments that you keep turning into pedophilia narratives and really tired straw dogs. You really don't listen to or absorb any useful information. 

I'll admit I may have been wrong. It's not all about sexual deviancy with you. It's also about racial profiling. Because there's no way to read the above paragraph and not conclude that you think Black people seeking reparations must share the blame for moral decay and gun violence. It could never, ever be anyone in the conservative sphere, who talk a lot like you but reveal a horrible hypocrisy at almost every turn.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm going to disengage again, because you've been given tons of really solid counter-arguments that you keep turning into pedophilia narratives and really tired straw dogs. You really don't listen to or absorb any useful information. 

I'll admit I may have been wrong. It's not all about sexual deviancy with you. It's also about racial profiling. Because there's no way to read the above paragraph and not conclude that you think Black people seeking reparations must share the blame for moral decay and gun violence. It could never, ever be anyone in the conservative sphere, who talk a lot like you but reveal a horrible hypocrisy at almost every turn.   

oh c-mon now.  you know it's all the demoncrats fault and any right winger who shoots people is a hero for justice.   it's the right wing law.

it's "unfortunate" when a right winger says he is going to kill someone then does it......they need to be pardoned

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If they're so wearisome, let's tell the progressive machine to stop pushing sexualization.  It is indeed tiresome.  And they don't stop.  Same with the narrative that people don't kill people, guns do.  

Reparations - all races (and both genders) are caught up in the cultural violence issues in America.  The predominance of this violence irrefutably in leftist-leaning cities and in specific parts of these cities.  For some within that broader culture of violence, the rule of "we're owed" animates to a violent, figurative and literal, fire.  

This is no race issue.  The videos I post made by black conservatives often go unaddressed or dismissed here.  Racist?  How about Biden stating "poor kids are just as bright as white kids?"  :lol:  

The moral decay in America, in part, manifests itself in sexually exploiting children.  Other times, shootings.  You might address the former with nonchalance and the latter with contempt for the object.  Just two more discussion points that fall in the chasm as you stand on one side and I on the other.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

The moral decay in America, in part, manifests itself in sexually exploiting children.  Other times, shootings.  You might address the former with nonchalance and the latter with contempt for the object.  Just two more discussion points that fall in the chasm as you stand on one side and I on the other.  

If you think there's any hope for Republicans in this country, just read this guy's posts and just accept the fact that they're completely hopeless.

They truly have a belief system that is dislodged from reality. I advise you to do what I've done: just give up on them. If they want to vote in ways that are bad for their communities, let them. If they want to reduce government spending leading to the proliferation of poverty disproportionately impacting red states, let them. If they want to push for gun laws leading to high crime rates in red states, let them. Stop trying to drag them forward kicking and screaming.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Party A says they don't really care if you're gay, if you're straight, if you're trans, if you're confused, if you don't identify with the binary, or anything else and wants to make sure whatever you are that you're safe and free of abuse and condemnation for it.

Party B on the other hand actively tries to enforce only one rigid worldview in regards to sexuality and favors denying the autonomy and freedom to anyone who doesn't fit into it.

Then clowns think Party A is the group guilty of pushing sexualization. Tell me again which of these seems more in line with personal liberty and small government and conservatism?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You know what's kind of messed up? That $200 has been the same amount since 1934. So, arguably it's much easier to own those gun now than it was then. If it kept up with inflation that tax would be almost $4,500 per gun.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If you think there's any hope for Republicans in this country, just read this guy's posts and just accept the fact that they're completely hopeless.

They truly have a belief system that is dislodged from reality. I advise you to do what I've done: just give up on them. If they want to vote in ways that are bad for their communities, let them. If they want to reduce government spending leading to the proliferation of poverty disproportionately impacting red states, let them. If they want to push for gun laws leading to high crime rates in red states, let them. Stop trying to drag them forward kicking and screaming.

You're making this announcement to your own crew.  This is nothing revelatory.  Are the conservative newcomers going to start embracing your systematic beliefs?  :lol:

You're good with the emboldened.  Here is the premise of your point, Dr. Strangelove.  Your attack point:

The moral decay in America, in part, manifests itself in sexually exploiting children.

This is where you take your exception?  "Out of touch."  

The tropes and misnomers are familiar.  The discourse, a deadend.  

Sad, and no surprises.  

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Party A says they don't really care if you're gay, if you're straight, if you're trans, if you're confused, if you don't identify with the binary, or anything else and wants to make sure whatever you are that you're safe and free of abuse and condemnation for it.

Party B on the other hand actively tries to enforce only one rigid worldview in regards to sexuality and favors denying the autonomy and freedom to anyone who doesn't fit into it.

Then clowns think Party A is the group guilty of pushing sexualization. Tell me again which of these seems more in line with personal liberty and small government and conservatism?

Party A's agenda will tell you what new truth is next year.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Party A's agenda will tell you what new truth is next year.   

Party B will tell you 'the way we've always done it' is the true way, and in 10, 20, 50 or 100 years history and the forever-snail's pace of the excavating of truth bit by bit will look back with rightful scorn and condemnation.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

party B is telling you which religion to follow, which books to read, which beer you can drink, which recreational resorts you can visit, that your kids being shot in school is just the price of freedom, that everyone delusional wacko has a right to own as many guns as possible, that stand your ground means that if you are on the right side of politics you can justify shooting BLM protesters, and that the truth isn't the truth

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

You're making this announcement to your own crew.  This is nothing revelatory.  Are the conservative newcomers going to start embracing your systematic beliefs?  :lol:

You're good with the emboldened.  Here is the premise of your point, Dr. Strangelove.  Your attack point:

The moral decay in America, in part, manifests itself in sexually exploiting children.

This is where you take your exception?  "Out of touch."  

The tropes and misnomers are familiar.  The discourse, a deadend.  

Sad, and no surprises.  

I think you've been provided with numerous responses pointing out why your beliefs aren't just out of touch with reality, but grossly wrong. The result of a brain that has succumbed to Newsmax and Fox News. A poster child for what happens when a voter goes down a YouTube rabbit hole.

Which is why my central thesis is to simply give up on voters like you. There is no hope for them, no reason to believe they will change.

My proposal is to simply stop trying to save Red America: if voters like you want to ban books, let them. If you want to dictate that being LGTBQ is an abomination, let them. If they want to allow gun violence to slaughter their school children, let their s#!tty healthcare lead to low life expectancy, push for trickle down tax policy causing their population to live in poverty, let them. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1