Gun Control

I live in Omaha.  "North O" is infamous for it's violence. Same as Chicago and other metro areas.

The folks there are begging for gun control to make it harder for a few crazies to get guns and elect people to fight against the gun violence.  It is frustrating to hear folks from "rural" areas claim gun violence is still gonna happen, just look at all of those "blue" cities.

Best bet for normies: florida man keeps shooting florida man for not running a red light.

America will eventually say "enough is enough".

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...you don't need a gun.  No one does.

Eh. Hunters need guns. We've decimated the natural predators to such an extent that we need hunters to control deer populations or we'd be overrun - and farmers' fields would be destroyed.

We can't get rid of all guns. We just need to get rid of the stupid ones.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Eh. Hunters need guns. We've decimated the natural predators to such an extent that we need hunters to control deer populations or we'd be overrun - and farmers' fields would be destroyed.

We can't get rid of all guns. We just need to get rid of the stupid ones.

The last thing we want to do is give farmers something else to complain about...could you imagine?!

But I always think of these scene when it comes to hunting

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I live in Omaha.  "North O" is infamous for it's violence. Same as Chicago and other metro areas.

The folks there are begging for gun control to make it harder for a few crazies to get guns and elect people to fight against the gun violence.  It is frustrating to hear folks from "rural" areas claim gun violence is still gonna happen, just look at all of those "blue" cities.

Best bet for normies: florida man keeps shooting florida man for not running a red light.

America will eventually say "enough is enough".

North Omaha ain't s#!t...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Sorry, I’m speaking “Nebraskan”.

I know :lol:

Living in a big city for awhile let's you realize how "sheltered" people who think North Omaha is dangerous really are. I used to be one of them.

• Haha 1

CBS affiliate KCTV reports: “The correct address Yarl was attempting to go to was a block away. According to the victim’s Aunt, Faith Spoonmore, the homeowner opened his door and then opened fire on Yarl. The man, whose identity has not been released yet, allegedly took a second shot at Yarl, hitting him in the head again.”

According to KSHB TV: “Yarl was shot by a homeowner after mistakenly arriving at the wrong address — 1100 block of Northeast 115th Street instead of 1100 block of Northeast 115th Terrace.”

The shooting happened April 13th.

The shooter was held by police for 24 hours, pending investigation, but then released.

“I want everyone to know that I am listening,” Kansas City police chief Stacy Graves said at a news conference at Kansas City police headquarters downtown, “and I understand the concern we are receiving from the community.”

“Yarl is the utmost example of how you want a young man to carry himself in this world,” said one of the teen’s longtime teachers to the Kansas City Star. Meara Mitchell, a teacher of Yarl’s for several years, called his shooting “incomprehensible.” She described him Sunday as a “stellar human-being” with a “quiet fortitude.”

KCTV 5 adds: “Yarl is a section leader in his school’s marching band and is said to be a top-base clarinet player in the state of Missouri.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

CBS affiliate KCTV reports: “The correct address Yarl was attempting to go to was a block away. According to the victim’s Aunt, Faith Spoonmore, the homeowner opened his door and then opened fire on Yarl. The man, whose identity has not been released yet, allegedly took a second shot at Yarl, hitting him in the head again.”

According to KSHB TV: “Yarl was shot by a homeowner after mistakenly arriving at the wrong address — 1100 block of Northeast 115th Street instead of 1100 block of Northeast 115th Terrace.”

The shooter was held by police for 24 hours, pending investigation, but then released.

“I want everyone to know that I am listening,” Kansas City police chief Stacy Graves said at a news conference at Kansas City police headquarters downtown, “and I understand the concern we are receiving from the community.”

“Yarl is the utmost example of how you want a young man to carry himself in this world,” said one of the teen’s longtime teachers to the Kansas City Star. Meara Mitchell, a teacher of Yarl’s for several years, called his shooting “incomprehensible.” She described him Sunday as a “stellar human-being” with a “quiet fortitude.”

KCTV 5 adds: “Yarl is a section leader in his school’s marching band and is said to be a top-base clarinet player in the state of Missouri.”

Absolute pathetic situation.  The homeowner should be locked up and charged with attempted murder.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

was the shooter MAGA?  if so.....he was justified to shoot a black kid for knocking on his door   according to many on the far right

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1