Gun Control

3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

If I subscribe to objective truth tenets, and you hate those, my position is now morally relativistic?

Your position is morally relativistic, poorly articulated, disingenuous, and un-Christian. 

Don't know why you're having such a hard time accepting that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 4

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Your position is morally relativistic, poorly articulated, disingenuous, and un-Christian. 

Don't know why you're having such a hard time accepting that.

I suspect it's extremely important for you to hold this position tightly...

We haven't agreed on much of anything.  We won't start here ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, commando said:

another sad result of the progressive agenda....according to some 

It's Bidens fault. 

Without rampant Biden-flation these Patriotic American gun owners would've been able to afford a gun safe. Alas, with rampant Biden inspired crime - mostly caused by Fentanyl laced illegal immigrant criminals - left them no choice but to buy a gun. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

i wonder if the father faces charges for that?   he left a loaded gun where a 2 year old could reach it.    he has already paid a higher price than any prison time....but that was really negligent to leave that gun there.  not sure what texas law will say about it.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder if the father faces charges for that?   he left a loaded gun where a 2 year old could reach it.    he has already paid a higher price than any prison time....but that was really negligent to leave that gun there.  not sure what texas law will say about it.

If the toddler would have had his own gun, then he wouldn't have reached for his dad's.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

If I subscribe to objective truth tenets, and you hate those, my position is now morally relativistic?

If I believe in something, such as (hypothetically) a progressive agenda towards protecting the rights and liberty of trans people, you disagreeing with that idea or concept doesn't make it objectively wrong or awful.  And your ideology being popular within your family/tribe/community/town/state/party doesn't make it correct or true.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

If I believe in something, such as (hypothetically) a progressive agenda towards protecting the rights and liberty of trans people, you disagreeing with that idea or concept doesn't make it objectively wrong or awful.  And your ideology being popular within your family/tribe/community/town/state/party doesn't make it correct or true.

Unlike my post, Lorewarn has given this a thoughtful and helpful perspective. I really hope that you, DefenderAO, can read it in the spirit and logic with which it was offered, and grant it a moment of introspection. 

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Certainly. We can each copy and paste the same retort to one another.   However...

What is your objective baseline on what you believe is good or moral?  Where do you get it from? 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Certainly. We can each copy and paste the same retort to one another.   However...

What is your objective baseline on what you believe is good or moral?  Where do you get it from? 

It doesn't really matter, and it's also impossible to answer as my paradigm of the universe A. changes frequently and B. is a complex matrix of nature, nurture, trauma, exploration, biases, education, wishful thinking, insecurities, positive and negative feedback loops, conscious and unconscious behaviors and so on, as everyone's is.

The point is, what you audaciously admonish as 'moral relativism' is really just the acknowledgment and acceptance that no two people, even within the same ideological encampment, see the world the same way.

We're all products of unique environments and circumstances and biology and experiences, and thus far you've shown no ability to hold room for folks who don't share your same conclusions without declaring them mentally and morally ill.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
28 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It doesn't really matter, and it's also impossible to answer as my paradigm of the universe A. changes frequently and B. is a complex matrix of nature, nurture, trauma, exploration, biases, education, wishful thinking, insecurities, positive and negative feedback loops, conscious and unconscious behaviors and so on, as everyone's is.

The point is, what you audaciously admonish as 'moral relativism' is really just the acknowledgment and acceptance that no two people, even within the same ideological encampment, see the world the same way.

We're all products of unique environments and circumstances and biology and experiences, and thus far you've shown no ability to hold room for folks who don't share your same conclusions without declaring them mentally and morally ill.

If no two people see the world the same (your claim), how can there be any admonishment for what is right and what is wrong?  

The ones I've claimed are mentally and morally ill are shooting other people; after that, the ideologies and principles that are part of America's decay.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

If no two people see the world the same (your claim), how can there be any admonishment for what is right and what is wrong?  

This is the central question behind the entirety of the human experience since the dawn of civilization, so not sure how you expect me to answer when the aggregate of all our best thinking for tens of thousands of years still hasn't figured it out.

Honestly you should be the one answering this as you're the one who's quick to move on from any practical legislative solutions to gun violence and even faster to declare your support for needing less mentally ill people to exist. 

So where do we start? What sensical legislation with credence that works in regards to mental health do you support? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1