Gun Control

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

Question for ya:

In your "truthful" opinion, would Jesus be more likely to march with "scum" in support of social justice.  Or would he be more comfortable bringing a weapon to said protest and crossing his fingers he gets a chance to use it and kill some "scum"?

Take your "truth" and get the heck out of here...

He redeems.  A new birth.  Raper/molester of five young boys doesn't seem like a repentant heart when, out of his prison sentence, you find him screaming the N word (white dude no less) while setting dumpsters on fire at a "mostly peaceful protest" frenzied by/with others carrying their own weapons.

At least one man Kyle shot was armed with a gun. The video showed that man started to raise it to shoot Kyle when he got his bicep blown off.  He's holding his pistol while looking at the hole in his right arm.  Would your heart feel vindicated had they executed Kyle first?  

Self defense is no sin.  Had Rosenbaum been truly repentant of his former actions, however awful, he'd have found new life and forgiveness.  I suspect he's not at the "protest" at all... 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Shot:

Chaser:

SafeHome-chart.jpg

THE PROBLEM ISN'T MENTAL HEALTH. IT'S THE GUNS. WE HAVE TOO MANY GUNS.

When seven people were run over by an SUV this week, others hurt critically, was that not a mental health problem?   Look at the aftermath videos.  They're awful.

Evil.

We see more violence as the country continues its slide.  

Zero coincidence. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

When seven people were run over by an SUV this week, others hurt critically, was that not a mental health problem?   Look at the aftermath videos.  They're awful.

Evil.

We see more violence as the country continues its slide.  

Zero coincidence. 

i agree that the country is sliding.  look at all the people who support a conman who has been found guilty of sexually assaulting women.   not only is he a sexual abuser,,,, and conman...he has stolen top secret documents and sided with authoritarian governments.   and people call him the savior.   only he can save our country according to his followers.

• TBH 4
Just now, commando said:

i agree that the country is sliding.  look at all the people who support a conman who has been found guilty of sexually assaulting women.   not only is he a sexual abuser,,,, and conman...he has stolen top secret documents and sided with authoritarian governments.   and people call him the savior.   only he can save our country according to his followers.

Yes. That would be the once and future President of the United States, bringing a 40 year history of categorically awful moral behavior, still propped up and supported by a party that celebrates guns while opposing mental health funding, who mock the weak, turn away the sick, afflict the poor, bend over for the rich, and actually came to the defense of underage marriage and child labor when it wasn't too busy undermining the bulwarks of democracy. A party of grifters and enablers who wave a flag and a Bible while doing the most un-American and un-Christian stuff imaginable. 

That's the amoral slide. 

Only an artificial Christian would be more worried about a trans person being allowed to live their life.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 4

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

He redeems.  A new birth.  Raper/molester of five young boys doesn't seem like a repentant heart when, out of his prison sentence, you find him screaming the N word (white dude no less) while setting dumpsters on fire at a "mostly peaceful protest" frenzied by/with others carrying their own weapons.

At least one man Kyle shot was armed with a gun. The video showed that man started to raise it to shoot Kyle when he got his bicep blown off.  He's holding his pistol while looking at the hole in his right arm.  Would your heart feel vindicated had they executed Kyle first?  

Self defense is no sin.  Had Rosenbaum been truly repentant of his former actions, however awful, he'd have found new life and forgiveness.  I suspect he's not at the "protest" at all... 

I don’t think this is the correct answer…

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don’t think this is the correct answer…

Why have you not blocked him yet? This is probably his most one-sided a hypocritical post to date. He clearly doesn't want discussion and will never admit he's wrong.

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Have you seen a time in history where illegal immigration has been so rampant?  We'll see how the trend holds.

Illegal immigration peaked in 2007 and has fallen since. Border apprehensions, on the other hand, is at an all time high. This should be regarded as a good thing by voters who care about this issue, but alas Republican voters equate border apprehensions with increased successful illegal immigration which isn't the case. 

Illegal immigration became a prevalent issue due to Trump. At its peak in 2007, Republicans made it less of an issue is because of an open secret: huge swaths of the economy depends on cheap immigration labor, particularly in agriculture and construction. 

The recent downward trend in illegal immigration is a big reason there is a large labor shortage.

• Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Why have you not blocked him yet? This is probably his most one-sided a hypocritical post to date. He clearly doesn't want discussion and will never admit he's wrong.

That's a majority of posters here (that will never admit we're wrong).

I actually did have him and Archy both on ignore.  But got suspended for making a sweeping comment about GOP supporters because "we all knew which posters you were referring to", even though it was actually a general comment.  Decided then that this board is actually just a bunch of bickering and I might as well embrace it :thumbs

I'm pretty sure my next "personal attack" is going to give me the boot.  Might as well go down swinging if that's the case...

54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummm that is from 2019.

I took best efforts to find an article that explained the situation as best as possible. Estimating the amount of successful illegal immigration is pretty difficult. 

I do think that efforts to cross illegally into the United States is at a high point. The immigration crisis at the border, realistically, is unlikely to change for a very long time. 

But this thread is about gun violence and the false belief some conservatives posting in here who believe immigrants are to blame.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I took best efforts to find an article that explained the situation as best as possible. Estimating the amount of successful illegal immigration is pretty difficult. 

I do think that efforts to cross illegally into the United States is at a high point. The immigration crisis at the border, realistically, is unlikely to change for a very long time. 

But this thread is about gun violence and the false belief some conservatives posting in here who believe immigrants are to blame.

I get it’s a gun thread, I was just making sure you understood monthly illegal immigration has been hitting all time highs under Joe.  Based on your link, it seemed you were trying to say the opposite.   Anyways, Back to the gun debate…….

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

T&P

do we have to wait and see what any manifesto says before we can decide whether the shooter was justified or not?   or can we hate that another idiot with a gun killed a bunch of people?