Gun Control

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Lots of generalizations which fit your preconceived narrative nicely. I particularly enjoyed your use of Harris County voting results as evidence. Like this couldn’t possibly happen in a county that voted for Trump or Rs. Oh wait, 43% did vote for Trump…..but I’m sure placing the blame on the party that is actually for some gun control measures is completely well founded.

Great example of exactly what progressivism begets. We’re all convinced now.

It's been circuitous for a while.  There's no convincing it seems, just exposing.

Data showing predominant gun violence statistics by locale and type (Dem controlled cities, handguns) elicits Think Tank responses blaming a red state legislature and AR's.

What progressivism begets...

This shooting was preventable and tragic.

Were the abortions carried out today also tragic? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

16 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

This shooting was preventable and tragic.

Were the abortions carried out today also tragic? 

No doubt this shooting was preventable and tragic. Some adult(s) were responsible for it happening and possibly even some poor parenting (I don’t know a lot of the details). So there could be some underlying factors attributable to your boogeyman but progressivism isn’t the actual culprit. You just think it is because you make the choice to blame anything/everything you don’t like on that.

As far as your abortion/tragic question. I guess it depends on a person’s definition of tragic.

Is it tragic that some underage rape or incest victims are forced to carry to term and give birth?

Is it tragic that many pregnant women who need an abortion or D&C procedure are being refused proper and needed medical care in bastions of conservatism?

Is it tragic that many unwanted babies are forced to be born into this world or that many irresponsible people are forced to become parents and then suck at it?

I’d say there is plenty of tragedy on both sides of the issue but I’m hard pressed to come up with a good reason why women and their doctors aren’t the best equipped to be making these decisions. Certainly they know better than Billy Bob congressperson in Bumf#&% Mississippi.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

No doubt this shooting was preventable and tragic. Some adult(s) were responsible for it happening and possibly even some poor parenting (I don’t know a lot of the details). So there could be some underlying factors attributable to your boogeyman but progressivism isn’t the actual culprit. You just think it is because you make the choice to blame anything/everything you don’t like on that.

As far as your abortion/tragic question. I guess it depends on a person’s definition of tragic.

Is it tragic that some underage rape or incest victims are forced to carry to term and give birth?

Is it tragic that many pregnant women who need an abortion or D&C procedure are being refused proper and needed medical care in bastions of conservatism?

Is it tragic that many unwanted babies are forced to be born into this world or that many irresponsible people are forced to become parents and then suck at it?

I’d say there is plenty of tragedy on both sides of the issue but I’m hard pressed to come up with a good reason why women and their doctors aren’t the best equipped to be making these decisions. Certainly they know better than Billy Bob congressperson in Bumf#&% Mississippi.

Definitions matter.  Like how we define health.  Conservative-viewed tragedy is another's celebration.  

What % of abortions are due to rape?  Seems like leftists love laws that deal with the vast minority of people or situations.  And then call themselves inclusive ones...until your morality disagrees with almost every principle they stand for.

"Unwanted babies."  Like unwanted paper cups or old clothes?  I guess life starts to carry meaning when out of the womb and people also adopt your thinking.  

Then we look at why an entity like Planned Parenthood was even created.   Leftists cannot escape the past, and through "progress" create further tumult.  

Ideology of inclusion, diversity, and safety.  

For the children.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Seek help. Please. You are so indoctrinated it is completely useless to discuss anything with you, and the things you post are, quite frankly, pretty disturbing. Step away from whatever media has fogged your mind. Seriously, not being snide, just trying to help.

You've given insights into your moral code.  You've had to step outside of the liberal Think Tank as very few here offer an oppositional view to the progressive agenda.  I oppose the systems you subscribe to.   The Planned Parenthood video should be disturbing...

The concept of "unwanted babies" is disturbing.

To gun control, unstable mental health is the root problem.  Was it not mental/moral illness issues that caused eight people to be killed by a Range Rover SUV in Brownsville?  

How difficult is it to wake up and be very very okay with not murdering someone?  Is there anything in life that is easier?   Name one mass shooting that still occurs if the shooter wakes up that same day and says "No way I'm killing anyone today.  None."  Do the guns still rampage?  Do SUVs revolt and start driving through the masses?

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2
On 5/19/2023 at 4:48 PM, DefenderAO said:

You've given insights into your moral code.  You've had to step outside of the liberal Think Tank as very few here offer an oppositional view to the progressive agenda.  I oppose the systems you subscribe to.   The Planned Parenthood video should be disturbing...

The concept of "unwanted babies" is disturbing.

To gun control, unstable mental health is the root problem.  Was it not mental/moral illness issues that caused eight people to be killed by a Range Rover SUV in Brownsville?  

How difficult is it to wake up and be very very okay with not murdering someone?  Is there anything in life that is easier?   Name one mass shooting that still occurs if the shooter wakes up that same day and says "No way I'm killing anyone today.  None."  Do the guns still rampage?  Do SUVs revolt and start driving through the masses?

do drugs kill if everyone wakes up and says they are not going to take drugs today?  it's not the drugs...it's the people.

Just to clear thing up: As a registered Democrat, I am privy to the Leftist Agenda, usually updated in biweekly emails. Mostly variation on the same themes.

• Give underdogs the chance to succeed by removing obstacles not faced by other Americans.

• Make sure everyone has a chance to live their best life; use compassion as your moral code. 

• Question authority, but do your homework. 

That's about it. 

• Plus1 3

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Watching the video, I think the guy would be in LESS trouble if he’d have shot the victim.  The victim got out of the van to get a deposit slip from the back.  If he’s died, Florida DOJ would have probably just assumed the wacko in the car was “just standing his ground”…

What a f#&%ed up state!  It’s amazing that other states are emulating them rather than realizing what a disaster it is.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
On 5/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, commando said:

do drugs kill if everyone wakes up and says they are not going to take drugs today?  it's not the drugs...it's the people.

Maybe in an accidental overdose?  Like an accidental shooting?  Not sure your point.

Are there mass shootings if people wake up resolved to not shoot others that day?  

• Plus1 1