Gun Control

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Before I comment on this, I will say that I am definitely for common sense reform with the regards to guns and gun safety. 

But, as to your comment about perceived hypocrisy of those two outlooks. It might have something to do with the fact that in 2018 (latest year I could find stats for both) there were 619,591 abortions in the US, and 39,740 deaths from firearms...of which 61% (24,242) were self inflicted. So, of the 15,498 deaths caused by others, of those 13,958 were considered homicide. Roughly 3,400 were children ages 4-18

All numbers could and should be less, and common sense reform would help mitigate some of those stats. 

To be fair, you should have broken down the circumstances surrounding the abortions as you did the firearms deaths.

5 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

That would be unconstitutional.

China Joe really should be more concerned about keeping guns out of the hands of his drug addict son and the illegal actions of his uber-trash daughter in law.  Why is Hunter not in jail for the felony he committed when he falsified federal firearms purchase paperwork? Why is his DIL not in prison for throwing an illegally purchased firearm into an easily accessible trash receptacle?

Also, why hasn't the dark actor who sent in the Secret Service to scrub Hunter's firearm mess been unmasked and why is that person not in prison?

Our president's job is to be concerned with all Americans.  Not just his family.  Remember, that changed on 1/20/21.

2 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

Not true at all. Some guns are manufactured specifically for target shooting.  Some are used specifically for industrial purposes. Sure those arms CAN end a life, but so can any vehicle, knife, hammer, screwdriver, katana, brick, etc.

So, would you support banning guns that are intended to kill, except for those w/ legitimate civilian uses which, in addition to the target and industrial guns, are:  pistols for concealed carry, hunting rifles and shotguns?

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I assume you mean voluntary/unwanted vs resulting from sex assault?

Yes and other medical related reasons.  Would be curious to know the numbers, but I think it would probably be hard to get accurate numbers.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Our president's job is to be concerned with all Americans.  Not just his family.  Remember, that changed on 1/20/21.

I'd bet that China Joe is very concerned about keeping his kid out of the pokey. But, I'm sure that the checks will still flow in from Russia, China, the Ukraine, etc. to the Biden Crime family even if Hunter is in the clink.

Interesting that you bring up the President though. He is/was the President to and for everyone,  unlike China Joe who has done everything he can to be divisive and to, without evidence, paint a certain section of our citizens as something that they are not.

But to be fair to the old guy, he was a total moron prior to the cognitive decline, now with the dementia or alzheimer's setting in he is a total embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

So, would you support banning guns that are intended to kill, except for those w/ legitimate civilian uses which, in addition to the target and industrial guns, are:  pistols for concealed carry, hunting rifles and shotguns?

I believe in our Constitution. The 2nd Amendment is pretty clear cut.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

I'd bet that China Joe is very concerned about keeping his kid out of the pokey. But, I'm sure that the checks will still flow in from Russia, China, the Ukraine, etc. to the Biden Crime family even if Hunter is in the clink.

Interesting that you bring up the President though. He is/was the President to and for everyone,  unlike China Joe who has done everything he can to be divisive and to, without evidence, paint a certain section of our citizens as something that they are not.

But to be fair to the old guy, he was a total moron prior to the cognitive decline, now with the dementia or alzheimer's setting in he is a total embarrassment. 

I believe in our Constitution. The 2nd Amendment is pretty clear cut.

You didn't answer my question.  I'll phrase it in another way.  Do you believe the 2A affords citizens the to own any type of firearm?  You stated it's pretty clear cut.

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

You didn't answer my question.  I'll phrase it in another way.  Do you believe the 2A affords citizens the to own any type of firearm?  You stated it's pretty clear cut.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

...the tables?...

Just kidding. I doubt that would ever happen given the sheer numbers alone. Around 43% of all US households own at least one firearm.

How do you see that playing out? Not arguing just curious 

Certainly anyone with a handgun wouldn't be part of that, or shotguns or hunting rifles.

It's the folks with the big clips, the long guns that can be modified to fire rapidly, stuff like that. They may be kick-a$$ to have & shoot, but they're too easily abused, and we don't need them.

How do I see that playing out? Difficultly. But it's a necessary conversation, and we'll get farther working together rather than having the anti-gun crowd dictate. Because if they get to the point where they can, how far will they go? All guns? That'd be a s#!tshow.

15 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

Hunter in the pokey.

19 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

China Joe

This s#!t ruins good faith arguments on this board. You've brought up China, Hunter Biden and Abortion in a thread about freaking gun control. I'm just upset another 5 year old was shot in America and want solutions to fix it. 

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Certainly anyone with a handgun wouldn't be part of that, or shotguns or hunting rifles.

It's the folks with the big clips, the long guns that can be modified to fire rapidly, stuff like that. They may be kick-a$$ to have & shoot, but they're too easily abused, and we don't need them.

How do I see that playing out? Difficultly. But it's a necessary conversation, and we'll get farther working together rather than having the anti-gun crowd dictate. Because if they get to the point where they can, how far will they go? All guns? That'd be a s#!tshow.

You want to regulate guns more than they are now, and ban certain weapons that are legal at the moment in order to make society safer.  

What I don’t understand is why you don’t advocate for banning handguns first instead of long guns?  They cause more deaths than any other gun type.  Wouldn’t you want any new gun legislation to have the most amount of impact on lives if society is going to do it?  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What I don’t understand is why you don’t advocate for banning handguns first instead of long guns?  They cause more deaths than any other gun type.  Wouldn’t you want any new gun legislation to have the most amount of impact on lives if society is going to do it?  

I think @knapplc is trying to acknowledge that some forms of guns are practical, while some are not. Just like I think no civilians should have hand grenades, they aren't practical and should not be legal just because some moron wants to play army man. Handguns are practical.  

• Plus1 3