Gun Control

33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You want to regulate guns more than they are now, and ban certain weapons that are legal at the moment in order to make society safer.  

What I don’t understand is why you don’t advocate for banning handguns first instead of long guns?  They cause more deaths than any other gun type.  Wouldn’t you want any new gun legislation to have the most amount of impact on lives if society is going to do it?  

Ok, then let's ban hand guns, or make them much more difficult to obtain.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

For what?

Not being in the Trump family tree

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Not being in the Trump family tree

Of people are actually concerned with savings more lives through legislation, then hand guns are what should be the focus.  But yet they aren’t and it’s telling. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You'd think we could at least do something about mass shootings and our children getting slaughtered in our schools but nope. Apparently gun fetish is more important than some simple regulation like controlling or banning high capacity weapons.

If we were on Zoom 100% of the time there would be no school shootings!

#TeachFromHomeToSaveLives

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think @knapplc is trying to acknowledge that some forms of guns are practical, while some are not. Just like I think no civilians should have hand grenades, they aren't practical and should not be legal just because some moron wants to play army man. Handguns are practical.  

Exactly. Reasonable arguments are the most productive in this discussion. Hysterical "wE mUsT bAn AlL gUnS!!!" doesn't fix anything.

We should not ban hunting rifles because there are no natural predators for deer and they'd overbreed & ruin crops & cause accidents to a much greater degree.

There are practical, realistic, common sense steps we can take.

And we should take them, even if those steps don't mean the end of all gun deaths.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Don't get caught up in that quagmire. That's the first step of the argument to "we can't ban all guns so let's ban none." There's no reason to engage in that conversation.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Of people are actually concerned with savings more lives through legislation, then hand guns are what should be the focus.  But yet they aren’t and it’s telling. 

Ok. So make it the focus. Let's ban hand guns. You're advocating for the banning of hand guns. I'm on board, let's go.

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Don't get caught up in that quagmire. That's the first step of the argument to "we can't ban all guns so let's ban none." There's no reason to engage in that conversation.

I got this fam

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. Reasonable arguments are the most productive in this discussion. Hysterical "wE mUsT bAn AlL gUnS!!!" doesn't fix anything.

We should not ban hunting rifles because there are no natural predators for deer and they'd overbreed & ruin crops & cause accidents to a much greater degree.

There are practical, realistic, common sense steps we can take.

And we should take them, even if those steps don't mean the end of all gun deaths.

Let's get rid of the guns and bring back the wolves!