Gun Control

Twitter doesn't do a great job of providing context for why someone said the things they said. Biden had been talking about gun dealers bypassing or loopholing the law, and then went off onto a bit of a tangent about the 2nd Amendment's origins, insurrectionists and those that try to use their 2nd Amendment rights as a sort of vessel or defense for attempting to overthrow the government.

Yeah, bit of a weird comment to throw out there, but the point he was trying to make isn't exactly nebulous.

I'm more frustrated/irritated that this is the comment that's getting most blowback/publicity. IMO it's a bit of a misnomer in the overall gun control conversation. The biggest problems with gun control and gun violence today have little to do with insurrectionists or people who want to overthrow the government. The bigger problems tie back to gun volume, gun accessibility, gun culture, mass shootings, etc.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Twitter doesn't do a great job of providing context for why someone said the things they said. Biden had been talking about gun dealers bypassing or loopholing the law, and then went off onto a bit of a tangent about the 2nd Amendment's origins, insurrectionists and those that try to use their 2nd Amendment rights as a sort of vessel or defense for attempting to overthrow the government.

Yeah, bit of a weird comment to throw out there, but the point he was trying to make isn't exactly nebulous.

I'm more frustrated/irritated that this is the comment that's getting most blowback/publicity. IMO it's a bit of a misnomer in the overall gun control conversation. The biggest problems with gun control and gun violence today have little to do with insurrectionists or people who want to overthrow the government. The bigger problems tie back to gun volume, gun accessibility, gun culture, mass shootings, etc.

#handsupdontnuke is a top trending on the Tweeter

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

#handsupdontnuke is a top trending on the Tweeter

Can't help but my roll my eyes at that (the hashtag, not you).

We're once against playing witness to the same nonsense that happens way too often in the gun control conversation. Instead of discussing legitimate issues and actual policies that could help, we have people up in arms over the fact that Biden spoke about nukes and F-15's. It's a big distraction. Biden probably could've used a bit more tact and thoughtfulness with his remarks, but people don't have to jump aboard the stupid train with him.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What is inaccurate about what he said?

I laughed at the tweet, cause it's pretty funny.  Is that so wrong :dunno

I don't know what else he might have said.  I'm really not interested in him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Where did he say he wanted to ban handguns?

I heard limit magazine capacity and increase ATF funding to actually enforce existing laws.  Things most Americans overwhelmingly agree on.

that's what i heard also.   maybe someone is trying to fear monger about dems coming after your guns.    

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Where did he say he wanted to ban handguns?

I heard limit magazine capacity and increase ATF funding to actually enforce existing laws.  Things most Americans overwhelmingly agree on.

"Whether it's a 9mm pistol, or it's a rifle"

He said weapons that can fire 120 rounds...not sure where you find those? This is more gobbledygook word salad, but the emphasis was there. He also singles out outlaw dealers...but in reality those sales account for a miniscule portion of sales in the US.

I am 100% in favor of sensible legislation, but stuff like this just feeds the staunch 2A folks, and nothing meaningful will come if this is the opening gambit.