Gun Control

I own firearms, and am all for more stringent background checks.  One of my best friends had to hide out during that mass shooting at Ft Hood.

The NRA while "protecting the 2nd amendment" always does more harm than good, especially in situations like this. 

Find a way to make the laws tougher to acquire a firearm, so things like this happen less or not at all

• Plus1 4

I have advocated for stringent universal background checks, national database registration; a registration fee, and mandatory insurance coverage. This would cut down on the number of overall weapons bought and sold. However, it would not do anything to curb illegal ownership. Not sure how that can be done without some sort of seizure or blanket moratorium, which is outside my realm of acceptable solutions. It is estimated there are roughly 375 million firearms in the US. 

Here is some good reading on possible solutions and arguments against.  https://gun-control.procon.org/

• Haha 1

I guess what I don't get is after s#!t like this happens, people start posting cartoons, meme's, laying blame at the others feet, instead of trying to fix the problem...

This is kinda like watching CNN, MSNBC, and Fox in one thread...

And before somebody jumps my s#!t, no, I can't do anything about it, the mouth breathing  talking hairdo's in DC have to do something, but they all have their own agenda's and are too busy hoovering special interest groups...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I guess what I don't get is after s#!t like this happens, people start posting cartoons, meme's, laying blame at the others feet, instead of trying to fix the problem...

This is kinda like watching CNN, MSNBC, and Fox in one thread...

And before somebody jumps my s#!t, no, I can't do anything about it, the mouth breathing  talking hairdo's in DC have to do something, but they all have their own agenda's and are too busy hoovering special interest groups...

Everything you mention in the bold is an attempt to get people to realize the reality of your last paragraph.  Enough voters in America have GOT to get it through their thick skulls to stop voting for politicians who block any attempt to fix the problem.  AND....stop supporting pathetic organizations like the NRA that lobby and campaign for those politicians.

• Plus1 2