Gun Control

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Knowing that Abbott is speaking at the NRA conference in Houston on Friday probably promoting gun sales......I really don't have a problem with O'Rourke here.

I am on the fence between a realistic concern for the people of his State / grandstanding in an effort to increase his chance in the fall election. Maybe a combination of both. I really don't have a problem with it either. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I am on the fence between a realistic concern for the people of his State / grandstanding in an effort to increase his chance in the fall election. Maybe a combination of both. I really don't have a problem with it either. 

If voters want action to try to prevent this from happening again in their state, they need to see the difference.  

Abbott is directly part of the cause here.  On Friday he will prove that even more.  Beto showing that he's seriously different than Abbott, is a good thing.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, walksalone said:

And that's partially what's wrong with the country, instead of having a conversation, it's easier to post something...

It’s reality though.  Might as well embrace it.  And I’m pretty sure it’s happening anywhere in the world where social media exists. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Aren't we having a conversation here by posting things?

We are, but the talking hairdo's in DC aren't checking on this thread thinking, "these guys and gals have some good ideas, lets get some legislation passed"

1 hour ago, walksalone said:

We are, but the talking hairdo's in DC aren't checking on this thread thinking, "these guys and gals have some good ideas, lets get some legislation passed"

What happens however, is that you and I and Knapp and BRB and Devo and others influence each other - hopefully in a positive manner.  That may change the way we might have voted on an issue or what candidate we might vote for.  Thus, indirectly we have influence on legislation that gets passed.  

• Thanks 1