Gun Control

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

FToDcCfWYAIE4ba?format=jpg&name=900x900

Love the patented quote by one of the old fat white guys up there about him making it political. Beto didn't make it political buddy, you guys did when you failed to act the 1st time and the 2000th time...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Love the patented quote by one of the old fat white guys up there about him making it political. Beto didn't make it political buddy, you guys did when you failed to act the 1st time and the 2000th time...

Imagine if people just stopped buying guns...because you don't really need one.

I have somehow managed to go my entire life without buying a gun.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Imagine if people just stopped buying guns...because you don't really need one.

I have somehow managed to go my entire life without buying a gun.

Me too. Crazy isn't it? My parents never owned one either. I think my grandad may have had a little .22 snub nose when he owned a service shop and gas station from the 50s to 90s, but that's it.

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

May I ask where you live?

Sure, I grew up and lived most my life in Chicago.

I am guessing you have heard about it and the issues they have with guns.  My Dad grew up on the South side of Chicago, never owned a gun either.

Now I live in Omaha

Just now, teachercd said:

Sure, I grew up and lived most my life in Chicago.

I am guessing you have heard about it and the issues they have with guns.  My Dad grew up on the South side of Chicago, never owned a gun either.

Now I live in Omaha

Oh I am well aware. 

I was born and raised on the Rosebud Res, Mission SD.

If you didn't own a gun, they'd break in your house, take your s#!t, and beat you.

I guess I just have grown up with a different perspective.  Guns to me weren't about richard measuring, they were more as a deterrent than anything.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, walksalone said:

Oh I am well aware. 

I was born and raised on the Rosebud Res, Mission SD.

If you didn't own a gun, they'd break in your house, take your s#!t, and beat you.

I guess I just have grown up with a different perspective.  Guns to me weren't about richard measuring, they were more as a deterrent than anything.

s#!t, did a gun even deter people on the rez?  Haha

What is the other big one out there, Wolfcreek Rez?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

s#!t, did a gun even deter people on the rez?  Haha

What is the other big one out there, Wolfcreek Rez?

Surprisingly, it did.  Small enough community, word got around, and if you robbed that house, you'd probably get shot, so easier prey had to be found.  When I was a kid the tribal police were almost non existant

the Pine Ridge, which is just as bad as the Rosebud, if not worse...

Just now, walksalone said:

Surprisingly, it did.  Small enough community, word got around, and if you robbed that house, you'd probably get shot, so easier prey had to be found.  When I was a kid the tribal police were almost non existant

the Pine Ridge, which is just as bad as the Rosebud, if not worse...

My buddy did his student teaching at Pine Ridge (I think), he has some stories!!!

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My buddy did his student teaching at Pine Ridge (I think), he has some stories!!!

Yeah, that place is beyond f*cked...

Last year I was driving for fedex, I got run up on by 5 dudes on the res, had I not had my 9, they'd have probably beaten me and taken the packages and taken the truck

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Yeah, that place is beyond f*cked...

Last year I was driving for fedex, I got run up on by 5 dudes on the res, had I not had my 9, they'd have probably beaten me and taken the packages and taken the truck

This dude I knew was having trouble sleeping...so he went to see his doctor and told him he couldn't sleep and was having this crazy dreams...

Doctor said "What are the dreams about?"

My buddy told him "Well, one night I am a teepee and the next night I am a wigwam and the next night I am a teepee and the next night I am a wigwam..."

The doctor said "Stop...stop...I know the problem...you are two tents"

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....the right claims we can't stop bad people from getting guns.....but prevents legislation that at least could be a part of preventing bad people from getting guns.

Would that background check bill have stopped the TX shooting?  I have no idea because I didn’t read that legislation, but I did read he passed a background check.  

• Plus1 1