Gun Control

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I just with my kids that I am no hero and don't want some lame plaque in the hallway that some kid looks at 20 years from now and goes "Dang, a teacher got killed here" and it has my picture on it.

What’s hilarious to me (in a sad way) is I know exactly what you mean and how that convo went.  No one cared and people laughed.  No parents emailed about a teacher being shot in the building.

But if you dare call someone “they” instead of “him/her” parents will flip about how that conversation scarred their child!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What’s hilarious to me (in a sad way) is I know exactly what you mean and how that convo went.  No one cared and people laughed.  No parents emailed about a teacher being shot in the building.

But if you dare call someone “they” instead of “him/her” parents will flip about how that conversation scarred their child!

No s#!t!

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

No one on this site even said anything to the teachers...but they will post a Ukrainian flag!  Classic.

Oh well, it is summer break and sure I am teaching summer school but I don't think there have been an summer school shootings!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh that’s so nice of him.  

So this is our reality?   Bad guy walks in with a gun, good guy kills him after bad guy kills however many people, then we mop up the scene, throw a few tots and pears, harden a few more buildings, and move on?  This is the best the greatest country on Earth can do?  

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So this is our reality?   Bad guy walks in with a gun, good guy kills him after bad guy kills however many people, then we mop up the scene, throw a few tots and pears, harden a few more buildings, and move on?  This is the best the greatest country on Earth can do?  

Cheers to ‘Merica.