Gun Control

29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No one on this site even said anything to the teachers...but they will post a Ukrainian flag!  Classic.

Oh well, it is summer break and sure I am teaching summer school but I don't think there have been an summer school shootings!

I think about my wife at her school every time this s#!t happens. She's in a 4-classroom modular building behind the main building. If someone got in there they would likely be able to wipe out everyone before anyone could do anything

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think about my wife at her school every time this s#!t happens. She's in a 4-classroom modular building behind the main building. If someone got in there they would likely be able to wipe out everyone before anyone could do anything

So you don't think about me too?  Gosh

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

No one on this site even said anything to the teachers...but they will post a Ukrainian flag!  Classic.

Oh well, it is summer break and sure I am teaching summer school but I don't think there have been an summer school shootings!

I mow for the district and a couple of our properties border golf courses.

My main concern is kids hitting golf balls at me!

• Oh Yeah! 1

10 minutes ago, nic said:

Democrats saying Republicans passed a good gun control measure….red flag law….in Florida. Mind blown.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/politics/florida-red-flag-law/index.html

I think this is the easy minimum that could be done.

But let’s also not forget that even though a Republican govt passed it, that a lot of republicans pissed and moaned about how it infringed on their 2A rights.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

So this is our reality?   Bad guy walks in with a gun, good guy kills him after bad guy kills however many people, then we mop up the scene, throw a few tots and pears....

What does this mean when you say:  "Throw a few tots and pears"?? :dunno

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

When there is any evidence that “thoughts and prayers” actually help reduce gun violence people will stop making fun of it…

I used to pray before math tests...I was either not doing it right or JC didn't care if I failed.