Gun Control

If you post here..and have a gun...you are also the problem.

The fact that you don't get that...that is the issue. 

#Hunting

#f#&%Hunting

So if you own a gun or are cool with guns for hunting without those guns having to be locked away in some state run building...you are the problem.  

Make it simple...it you buy a gun and YOUR gun results in a death, shooting, robbery...and that means that YOU are either executed or spend life in prison...are you getting a gun.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you post here..and have a gun...you are also the problem.

The fact that you don't get that...that is the issue. 

#Hunting

#f#&%Hunting

So if you own a gun or are cool with guns for hunting without those guns having to be locked away in some state run building...you are the problem.  

Make it simple...it you buy a gun and YOUR gun results in a death, shooting, robbery...and that means that YOU are either executed or spend life in prison...are you getting a gun.

You live in Nebraska, but only in Omaha, right? How often do you travel west of, say, Waterloo, or Gretna? Because outside Omaha & Lincoln, Grand Island, Kearney, Columbus and a few other decent-sized towns, everything east of, say, Broken Bow is farmland. And there are eighty seven trazillion deer out there, and no natural predators.

So if you like food, or you like to drive rural highways without hitting car-wrecking mammals, you kinda have to make peace with the fact that *all* guns cannot be banned.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You live in Nebraska, but only in Omaha, right? How often do you travel west of, say, Waterloo, or Gretna? Because outside Omaha & Lincoln, Grand Island, Kearney, Columbus and a few other decent-sized towns, everything east of, say, Broken Bow is farmland. And there are eighty seven trazillion deer out there, and no natural predators.

So if you like food, or you like to drive rural highways without hitting car-wrecking mammals, you kinda have to make peace with the fact that *all* guns cannot be banned.

Uh oh, somebody is being “the problem”. :lol:

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well you're also responsible for the people in the cars around you. The cars you're not seeing  because you're texting. Those cars have kids in them, too. Also: pedestrians. 

Of course. And I rarely text and drive, and even more rarely if I'm actually moving, and even then it's usually using my voice.

But I'm certainly guilty of doing it, as are many. My main point wasn't to say that is fine, or imply that I shouldn't be concerned about the people around me, but the immediacy of responsibility is a real distinction. Of course we feel more responsible people we're more blatantly aware of or more closely connected to.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

People can hunt with bows and set traps...is it harder?  Yes.

Is it harder than buring 20 little kids?  Probs not.

I am sort of half kidding but how often do hunters actually get out and hunt?

Why can't their hunting gun (you only need one) be locked in a state facilty until they go hunt?

or

Why can't they rent a gun from a state gun rental place?

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Why can't their hunting gun (you only need one) be locked in a state facilty until they go hunt?

or

It's not just hunting. A lot of farmers carry a gun in their truck incase they need to kill a coyote near their live stock, put down an suffering injured animal quickly, etc. Those aren't things you can plan on like a hunt, or have time to go back and checkout your gun for.

To rural people a gun is actually a tool more than anything.

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, knapplc said:

And those deer taste good. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

or

The reason citizens need guns has almost nothing to do with hunting...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The reason citizens need guns has almost nothing to do with hunting...

That's right.  We need the ability to protect ourselves with a .308 against a government with tanks, long range missiles, fighter jets....etc.

The fear mongering from the gun lobby on this is ridiculous.  

Yeah....

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's right.  We need the ability to protect ourselves with a .308 against a government with tanks, long range missiles, fighter jets....etc.

The fear mongering from the gun lobby on this is ridiculous.  

Yeah....

No, we need tanks, missiles, and fighter jets to protect ourselves from the government... 

And you realize America has lost multiple wars now in Vietnam and the Middle East to people who didn't have any of the sophisticated weapons that our military has right?...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

No, we need tanks, missiles, and fighter jets to protect ourselves from the government... 

And you realize America has lost multiple wars now in Vietnam and the Middle East to people who didn't have any of the sophisticated weapons that our military has right?...

You do realize that there are free countries all over the world with stricter gun laws that aren't seeing their people overran by tyrannical governments...right?

You also realize we can have tougher gun laws without taking your gun away....right?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You do realize that there are free countries all over the world with stricter gun laws that aren't seeing their people overran by tyrannical governments...right?

You also realize we can have tougher gun laws without taking your gun away....right?

I do not accept your premise.

• Haha 1