Gun Control

11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

The Pepe the frog meme itself is no more an alt right symbol then the circle game was a white supremacists symbol. It's still all over the internet as a harmless meme.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The Pepe the frog meme itself is no more an alt right symbol then the circle game was a white supremacists symbol. It's still all over the internet as a harmless meme.

There's more so yeah I'm definitely not taking it as just a 'harmless meme' in this pos's case.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

There's more so yeah I'm definitely not taking it as just a 'harmless meme' in this pos's case.

It's lazy alarmist tweet. Just because the Norteñas wear Nebraska gear doesn't make the block N a gang symbol.

Google "sad boys" and it can be either a hip hop group or a depressed group of people similar to what emo was. The tweet is dumb, and Hillary Clinton is stupid for even entertaining the frog as a hate symbol giving rise to this BS.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

How do you even buy a gun like the one he had, can you just get that at a Cabelas?  

Gun shows, private sale, or any well stocked shooting range should have one in whatever caliber your heart desires.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's lazy alarmist tweet. Just because the Nortegas wear Nebraska gear doesn't make the block N a gang symbol.

Google "sad boys" and it can be either a hip hop group or a depressed group of people similar to what emo was. The tweet is dumb, and Hillary Clinton is stupid for even entertaining the frog as a hate symbol giving rise to this BS.

Gun shows, private sale, or any well stocked shooting range should have one in whatever caliber your heart desires.

I think you missed the point of the photo.  It was/is the frog on his shirt (Pepe the frog) that is a well known alt right symbol.  He's a documented Trumper and alt right follower.  The shoe fits.  All too well.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

There obviously are multiple reasons these things keep happening. Yes, unfettered access to assault style weapons and high capacity mags is the big one but we should not discount the other contributing factors. Schools and families and friends failing to recognize obvious warning signs is not helping. And another big one is, what in our society is causing so many of these people to choose this course of action? The problem runs much deeper than simply the tool they use. I’m not defending these weapons or the status quo but we as a nation have larger problems when so many are willing to turn to mass murder. It appears to me to be akin to a suicide epidemic but one in which these people have no hesitation to take others with them. It’s not just the guns but we certainly need to remove them from the equation to begin mitigating the problem.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's lazy alarmist tweet. Just because the Norteñas wear Nebraska gear doesn't make the block N a gang symbol.

Is a gun show just like a baseball card show, where anyone can just walk in and buy stuff?

Just now, JJ Husker said:

There obviously are multiple reasons these things keep happening. Yes, unfettered access to assault style weapons and high capacity mags is the big one but we should not discount the other contributing factors. Schools and families and friends failing to recognize obvious warning signs is not helping. And another big one is, what in our society is causing so many of these people to choose this course of action? The problem runs much deeper than simply the tool they use. I’m not defending these weapons or the status quo but we as a nation have larger problems when so many are willing to turn to mass murder. It appears to me to be akin to a suicide epidemic but one in which these people have no hesitation to take others with them. It’s not just the guns but we certainly need to remove them from the equation to begin mitigating the problem.

Remember when it was easy and we could just blame violent video games and heavy metal!  

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Agree.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had experts actually studying why this happens in America?

After 25 Years In The Dark, The CDC Wants To Study The True Toll Of Guns In America

They're partly in the dark because for more than two decades, the gun lobby and Republican allies in Congress effectively blocked federal funding for firearms research, arguing that such study would undermine the constitutional rights of lawful gun owners.

As a result of that and other factors, experts say, in-depth gun-data collection and sharing in the U.S. is a tangled mess that undermines objective research on programs and policies intended to prevent firearm injury, suicide and criminal violence.

The CDC under Dr. Rochelle Walensky says that will now, finally, start to change.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Is a gun show just like a baseball card show, where anyone can just walk in and buy stuff?

Remember when it was easy and we could just blame violent video games and heavy metal!  

I have no idea about gun shows, never been to one, but a person can buy pretty much anything from a gun shop and I’d imagine the internet offers even more options.

This won’t be a popular opinion here but I can’t imagine first person shooter video games don’t contribute to at least some loss of respect for life. If a person does something enough it is bound to desensitize them to the action whether it is real or make believe. I’ve seen it occur in people’s jobs. Some people who stun (kill) beef cattle (think over 2,000 head per day) for instance can develop tendencies with other humans that are not good. Most beef plants I know of will not allow employees to do that job and only that job. It jacks with their ability to interact appropriately with people.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I have no idea about gun shows, never been to one, but a person can buy pretty much anything from a gun shop and I’d imagine the internet offers even more options.

This won’t be a popular opinion here but I can’t imagine first person shooter video games don’t contribute to at least some loss of respect for life. If a person does something enough it is bound to desensitize them to the action whether it is real or make believe. I’ve seen it occur in people’s jobs. Some people who stun (kill) beef cattle (think over 2,000 head per day) for instance can develop tendencies with other humans that are not good. Most beef plants I know of will not allow employees to do that job and only that job. It jacks with their ability to interact appropriately with people.

Didn't Leatherface work in a slaughterhouse?  We know how that turned out!

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had experts actually studying why this happens in America?

After 25 Years In The Dark, The CDC Wants To Study The True Toll Of Guns In America

Ah yes, the old data and information infringes on rights BS story. I’m sure the tobacco lobby tried that same song and dance too. If we want to delve deeper, these powerful lobbies and the money in politics is as much to blame as anything.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

A kid loading up on ammo and guns is a giant red flag, just nothing any of us can do.

Students and teachers know who the weirdos are. But again, nothing we can do…

• Thanks 1