Gun Control

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

First I call BS on the whole story it sounds made up, but just so I understand this correctly, YOU willingly engaged with someone who's opinions are different than yours.  Verbally harassed   this person,  again because his opinions are different than yours and the only reason why you did it is because you felt like a big mad with YOUR gun, we have no idea if he had one or not.  And the person who did not start this altercation or do anything after you did your little song and dance is a "DIPSH IT" AND A "Knuckledragger"  

You are right they do reduce a persons inhibitions, why didn't you challenge him to a fist fight if you are so brave or are you only brave when you have a gun?

I guess we now know who was driving the POS truck with the flag.

So in your brilliant opinion he (you?) can drive all over town displaying a flag with the words “and f#&% you if you voted for Biden” but poor little snowflake shouldn’t expect any push back or a FU thrown his way? I call BS on your story.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If you mention politics the first time I meet you, you are placed on a list of people I avoid like the f#&%ing plague. 

You should (actually, shouldn't) meet my father-in-law.

He's big into boating, so we naturally meet a lot of people when we do that. I can't tell you a single time that politics hasn't come up when he met a stranger. And he is always brazen about what he thinks. Not in an offensive way mind you... but very casual... as if he could be talking about the weather or sports cars. It's almost like he just assumes a) people want to talk about it and b) will share a similar interest/opinion as himself.

Most people handle it graciously by either complicity nodding along or just looking for a casual/appropriate opportunity to change the subject. But I immediately get tense. I'm also a happy drinker so I will immediately just be 'that guy' that leaves the conversation lmao.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

First I call BS on the whole story it sounds made up, but just so I understand this correctly, YOU willingly engaged with someone who's opinions are different than yours.  Verbally harassed   this person,  again because his opinions are different than yours and the only reason why you did it is because you felt like a big mad with YOUR gun, we have no idea if he had one or not.  And the person who did not start this altercation or do anything after you did your little song and dance is a "DIPSH IT" AND A "Knuckledragger"  

You are right they do reduce a persons inhibitions, why didn't you challenge him to a fist fight if you are so brave or are you only brave when you have a gun?

You are welcome to disagree with his opinion and his choices, but the bolded is not going to fly. Attack the post, not the poster.

1 minute ago, RichardHangslow said:

LOL I asked him a question. 

Ha - nice try.

As I said, it's not going to fly. You can ask someone a question without throwing in little quips like "if you are so brave." Please attack the post, not the poster.

Just now, RichardHangslow said:

Nice try? show me where I attacked him. 

Flaming is against board guidelines, which is what you were trying to do, as I have already pointed out.

It's time to move along, please. This is the only time I'm going to ask.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

LOL I asked him a question. 

Do you regularly challenge people to fist fights? I don’t. I told the guy to FU, I didn’t want to fight him or shoot him or do anything other than what I did. And since you’re curious, bravery has little to do with it. My only point was, I likely wouldn’t have responded to him at all if I didn’t have some back up in my truck with me. I wasn’t looking to start a problem but I knew it was there if he would’ve escalated the situation.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Do you regularly challenge people to fist fights? I don’t. I told the guy to FU, I didn’t want to fight him or shoot him or do anything other than what I did. And since you’re curious, bravery has little to do with it. My only point was, I likely wouldn’t have responded to him at all if I didn’t have some back up in my truck with me. I wasn’t looking to start a problem but I knew it was there if he would’ve escalated the situation.

You started the whole thing!

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Flaming is against board guidelines, which is what you were trying to do, as I have already pointed out.

It's time to move along, please. This is the only time I'm going to ask.

Again I don't know how I was  "flaming"   To be honest I feel like you are attacking me right now.  

Just now, RichardHangslow said:

You started the whole thing!

So in your opinion he is perfectly fine driving around displaying a flag that tells people “FU for voting differently than I did”? But I started “the whole thing” (whatever the thing is) by replying in kind to him? That is an odd take.

• Plus1 2
Just now, JJ Husker said:

So in your opinion he is perfectly fine driving around displaying a flag that tells people “FU for voting differently than I did”? But I started “the whole thing” (whatever the thing is) by replying in kind to him? That is an odd take.

You are both allowed to have an opinion on the matter you telling someone FU, is elevating the situation to confrontational levels. And the only reason why you did it is because you had a gun, which tell me right there that you knew there could be trouble but if it did arise you was prepared to handle it with your gun and not your fist like a man. You started a situation that could have ended up with you shooting someone. Do you not realize that?    

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

You are both allowed to have an opinion on the matter you telling someone FU, is elevating the situation to confrontational levels. And the only reason why you did it is because you had a gun, which tell me right there that you knew there could be trouble but if it did arise you was prepared to handle it with your gun and not your fist like a man. You started a situation that could have ended up with you shooting someone. Do you not realize that?    

His original point was that having a gun may make someone do something they may not otherwise do.  He gave an example of a personal encounter.  Blame is really irrelevant.

• Plus1 3