Gun Control

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

In today’s times I’m not ashamed to admit that I probably would not have responded if I didn’t have my handgun in the truck. That was the whole point of putting it in this thread. It’s not that it made me brave per se but it did help me overcome the concern that the other guy maybe had a gun. Point being there’s lots of guns in circulation so the likelihood of things like this escalating to unhealthy places is also raised.

Bingo.  Our “well endowed “ HB poster needs to read this.  And then read it again.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, commando said:

for your comparison...you would need to have a f#&% Alabama sign on your truck

Ok true, but that still does not give someone the right to get violent with someone. I mean the guy starts the conflict knowing that if it hits the fan he has a gun to get him out of the conflict he started.  If you're going to run your mouth at least be a man about it and if it does escalate fight the guy but don't run your mouth and then when it's time to do work you just pull out a gun and shoot him. All because a little sticker upset him. Somebody was either hugged too much or not enough as a child. 

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Ok true, but that still does not give someone the right to get violent with someone. I mean the guy starts the conflict knowing that if it hits the fan he has a gun to get him out of the conflict he started.  If you're going to run your mouth at least be a man about it and if it does escalate fight the guy but don't run your mouth and then when it's time to do work you just pull out a gun and shoot him. All because a little sticker upset him. Somebody was either hugged too much or not enough as a child. 

You've completed missed the point.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Wow….talk about eating paint chips.:facepalm:

Was it really that big of a revelation that not everyone likes your F Biden flag on your POS truck and some people don’t appreciate being told FU for the way they voted?  

I’m 59 years old, I haven’t been in a fist fight for about the last 40 years and don’t plan to ever again. So if you have a problem with somebody flipping you the bird or saying FU, just know they may not share your backwards tough guy way of settling things. There is a very good chance that person has a gun and may be pushed far enough to use it. Have you ever been shot at? I have (also about 40 years ago) and let me tell ya, it’s no fun.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, RichardHangslow said:

You are both allowed to have an opinion on the matter you telling someone FU, is elevating the situation to confrontational levels. And the only reason why you did it is because you had a gun, which tell me right there that you knew there could be trouble but if it did arise you was prepared to handle it with your gun and not your fist like a man. You started a situation that could have ended up with you shooting someone. Do you not realize that?    

Disagree. 

the guy in the truck is the one that thinks it’s perfectly fine to drive around and tell everyone what was said on the flag. Others are perfectly allowed to respond and the guy in the truck is the cause of that response. 

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1