Gun Control

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even tonight as my wife and I went for our Sunday walk with our dogs for ice cream the subject of 'what if' came up briefly regarding some psycho path with a gun firing away. 

Then I came home to read that^.

I guess if it happened during your walk the question is...just how fast can you get your wife in front of you?  

I kid I kid

11 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even tonight as my wife and I went for our Sunday walk with our dogs for ice cream the subject of 'what if' came up briefly regarding some psycho path with a gun firing away. 

Then I came home to read that^.

So, you disapprove of the good Samaritan taking him out...

Got it.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That man is probably going to be thrown in an Iranian prison for years or even executed.

In the US, he’d probably not even be arrested as the shooting was accidental.

The tweet sounds like some 3rd world country. Wtaf?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

That man is probably going to be thrown in an Iranian prison for years or even executed.

In the US, he’d probably not even be arrested as the shooting was accidental.

Depending on where it happened and what skin color that person was especially if in the wrong place maybe because ‘Merica.  Don’t under estimate some of these places.  And police departments…

I have traditionally found stories of 'good samaritan' gunmen who take out active shooters largely to be annoyingly frustrating red herrings.

In these rare scenarios, yeah, it is good someone stopped four people shot from being more. But mass shootings make up only a small portion of the overall gun and gun violence problem in this country. Not to mention that fact that most homes don't have guns. Most people don't want to own or carry guns. So, when you get these stories, all it primarily does is manifest these fringe firearm fantasies for gun activists to latch onto as proof of what a well-armed citizenry can accomplish. Never mind, of course, the obscene access to guns our adults and children have, the number of suicides committed by them, the majority number of crimes that happen with guns that are unrelated to mass shootings, etc...

• Plus1 3
49 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I have traditionally found stories of 'good samaritan' gunmen who take out active shooters largely to be annoyingly frustrating red herrings.

Another hilariously frustrating part of this is that... the story of the Good Samaritan is dramatically antithetical to the way the term is used in this situation.