Gun Control

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you think a culture that revels in the ownership of guns, to the point where elected officials celebrate the birth of Jesus by showing off their family cradling assault rifles might in any way be sick or depraved in its own right?

While awaiting the correct treatment, does having easy access to weapons of mass killing make it easier for the depraved and mentally ill to take the lives of others? Isn't that a conversation that can and should take place at the same time? 

And where exactly do those elected politicians stand on budgeting for mental health treatment, when they're not too busy posing with AR-15s?  

I thought we did that one already?  I mentioned the official as dense likely pandering to a voter base.  I'm good with sensical conversation (and legislature) around mental health and guns looking more at the root of the issue (mental health).  I would say there is a chasm between what leftists and conservatives think about what "health" is or looks like.   

We did ban bazookas and that hasn't seemed to curb evil in people deciding to kill others.  Handguns, and in certain parts of our country, are vastly more prominent in gun violence/deaths than with an AR.  

And, in other threads I've contended the country is in a moral decline.  I think it's no coincidence we also see upticks with types of violence as certain agendas propagate, and certainly make ZERO attempt to depart from, issues that manifest in instability and terrible choices with tragic consequences.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

We did ban bazookas and that hasn't seemed to curb evil in people deciding to kill others.

When was the last time someone in the US was killed with a bazooka?

6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I mentioned the official as dense likely pandering to a voter base.  I'm good with sensical conversation (and legislature) around mental health and guns looking more at the root of the issue (mental health).

So, the only thing you are willing to discuss is just mental health.  There is absolutely nothing on the table other than that.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When was the last time someone in the US was killed with a bazooka?

So, the only thing you are willing to discuss is just mental health.  There is absolutely nothing on the table other than that.

When was the last time someone was murdered?  Did banning bazookas save lives?  

Root cause = mentally and morally ill people.

Do you think there's causality, or just mere coincidence, with the upticks in violence and current agenda/promoted topics of our country?  

If you cite there's not an uptick, but it's getting better, why the more vehemence in your position now?   If it's to save lives because "enough is enough," why not target the locales and tools that cause more deaths first or with more ardency? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

In parallel, let's stop telling people loony toons ideas are good for them so they can look to not being loons.

So without putting it into words you know will be mocked, you blame liberal beliefs for creating mental illness which creates gun violence. 

btw..."in parallel" means you support Republicans passing better gun control laws. Just want to get that in writing and voting. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So without putting it into words you know will be mocked, you blame liberal beliefs for creating mental illness which creates gun violence. 

btw..."in parallel" means you support Republicans passing better gun control laws. Just want to get that in writing and voting. 

I support laws and regulations with actual credence to them, not ones that don't work.

As I stated above, I'm good with focusing on both but the primary, principal, being mental health as it is the root.

Some other ways to state it: Moral relativism being a core issue.  Another - the progressive agenda also being a key variable.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I support laws and regulations with actual credence to them, not ones with no value.

I've said it a few ways.  Moral relativism being a core issue.  Another - the progressive agenda also being a key variable.  

specifically...what laws are you proposing?

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I support laws and regulations with actual credence to them, not ones with no value.

I've said it a few ways.  Moral relativism being a core issue.  Another - the progressive agenda also being a key variable.  

You've used a lot of words to avoid saying a lot of things, but most of us know what you really mean, and it's an awful interpretation of morality, Christianity, and every available fact.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You've used a lot of words to avoid saying a lot of things, but most of us know what you really mean, and it's an awful interpretation of morality, Christianity, and every available fact.  

You disagreeing with an idea or concept doesn't make it objectively wrong or awful.  And your ideology being popular doesn't make it correct or true.

You see things getting better is as astounding as your thoughts on my position.

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

You disagreeing with an idea or concept doesn't make it objectively wrong or awful.  And your ideology being popular doesn't make it correct or true.

You see things getting better is as astounding as your thoughts on my position.

the only thing i know about your position is that you are afraid of "the progressive agenda" but can't give any specific ideas on how to try to fix anything

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Wait a second, is that...?

Dear god that's Moral Relativism™'s music!!!!‬ 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2