Gun Control

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

You want safety through laws and bans but only for the issues you define as a concern.  

Safer, better America:  

- More laws for something legal

- Ignore laws for something illegal

- Sexually charged material in pre-teen schools

- We define "morality" and "health"

There's a lot of gobbidy-gook nonsense in here. What I want is for the brains of children not to be splattered on the sidewalk of my local mall. 

Something that isn't caused by drag shows, sexual books, or anything else. It is caused by guns, which your voting behavior readily provides to any bozo that wants one. 

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

We want safety, right?  

Immigration is great.  Do it legally so there less safety risks.  

Illegal immigrants are less violent?  

Cite please.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time providing this to you since a factual and statically based analysis isn't going to do diddly-squat, but here ya go: link.

(Bonus link from the University of Wisconsin)

It's really not a surprise. Most illegal immigrants are aware they are, in fact, here illegally and would prefer to stay under the radar.

Synopsis:

"The study found that undocumented immigrants had substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses. Relative to undocumented immigrants, U.S.-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes"

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

4 minutes ago, commando said:

except for the hitler admiration....those posts could have been from AO.

Keeping in mind that Hitler wasn't yet brand name Hitler when he first started blaming The Other for the moral decay of Germany. He became fuhrer by uniting the people who felt disempowered by Germany's decline and promising to restore the order by punishing the leftists, the elitists, and the party in power. Seemed socially acceptable at the time. All the Nazi Party asked in return was blind loyalty.  

Now am I saying DefenderAO would have fallen for Hitler in 1933? 

Sure. Of course he or she would. That's how it works. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Did you see something different in the video?  

Abuser of five kids, convicted.  "Less than ideal."  Some implications there.

And, according to you, that is good enough reason to accept other random mass shooting victims, because every once in awhile they might also pick off a scumbag. 

The thought process to get to that conclusion is bats#!t crazy. But you twist it for people who want all mass shootings reduced like they are promoting scumbag behavior. Also bats#!t crazy because nobody in this discussion at any point has promoted for your villain of moral decay or any of the other stupid s#!t you’ve attributed to other posters.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think that is the gunman from other stories I’ve seen.  Could be wrong as that’s the third different picture floating around for this guy. 

Well, I don’t know if the picture is correct. But, I just watched a report on tv saying he was discharged for mental issues. So, I think that part is true. 

This guy is not the shooter. 

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, I don’t know if the picture is correct. But, I just watched a report on tv saying he was discharged for mental issues. So, I think that part is true. 

I wonder if he got his guns before or after that discharge.  If before, there should be a way to take them away.  If after, that’s bad.  

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder if he got his guns before or after that discharge.  If before, there should be a way to take them away.  If after, that’s bad.  

This is very reasonable and it would seem outlandish to disagree.

Too bad a lot of politicians have outlandish positions on the issue.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/08/1174885273/allen-texas-shooting-what-we-know-victims-far-right-gunman

Here's another report saying he was discharged for mental issues.  It's unknown right now if he purchased the guns before or after his discharge.

35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is very reasonable and it would seem outlandish to disagree.

Too bad a lot of politicians have outlandish positions on the issue.

I agree with the overall point Archy makes, but I do have a problem with the bold.

We tend to place the blame on politicians like they're making these boneheaded decisions in a vacuum. They're being elected by a constituency that wants it to be this way. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2