Gun Control

the latest shooter identified as a christian nationalist.   kyle identifies as a christian.   many others have gone out and killed to defend their interpretation of the  bible.    i just haven't found the verse that compels me to do so.

17 minutes ago, commando said:

the latest shooter identified as a christian nationalist.   kyle identifies as a christian.   many others have gone out and killed to defend their interpretation of the  bible.    i just haven't found the verse that compels me to do so.

And on top of that, many "christians" view him as a hero because he took a gun to a protest and was lucky enough to kill some scum.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Question for ya:

In your "truthful" opinion, would Jesus be more likely to march with "scum" in support of social justice.  Or would he be more comfortable bringing a weapon to said protest and crossing his fingers he gets a chance to use it and kill some "scum"?

Take your "truth" and get the heck out of here...

Ah yes, they were all scum because one guy was a bipolar child molester 18 years before (and was molested himself as a child), one guy had some domestic assault chargers with his family, and the survivor had a prior misdemeanor for being drunk with a firearm on him but was there that day to render medical aid if needed.

But Kyle punches the s#!t out of a girl on video, carries a firearm across state lines, possesses it as a minor (when it's not legal in that state), shoots 3 people killing 2 of them, and that's all cool.

I fully understand the verdict, and can accept it given the laws, but Kyle is still a complete piece of s#!t.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s a tool move too.   

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3741099-kyle-rittenhouse-meets-with-house-gop-members/

“It was an honor to have Kyle join the Second Amendment Caucus. He is a powerful example of why we must never give an inch on our Second Amendment rights, and his perseverance and love for our country was an inspiration to the caucus,” Boebert told The Hill in a statement.

Rittenhouse gets standing ovation at conservative conference

6 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

I guess you're making a case for illegal immigration?  Remove laws for immigration and add a bunch of bans to guns = a better America?

What? No. Although there is a significant labor shortage that's unlikely to change which could be addressed through better immigration policies. 

I'm making a case that Illegal Immigrants aren't responsible for gun violence as you seem to believe. Which I provided you with two citations for, as per your request.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What? No. Although there is a significant labor shortage that's unlikely to change which child be addressed through better immigration policies. 

I'm making a case that Illegal Immigrants aren't responsible for gun violence as you seem to believe. Which I provided you with two citations for, as per your request.

Well, I mean... If you make all immigration legal then there's no longer an illegal immigration problem.../s

think-about-it-use-your-brain.gif 

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What? No. Although there is a significant labor shortage that's unlikely to change which could be addressed through better immigration policies. 

Have you seen a time in history where illegal immigration has been so rampant?  We'll see how the trend holds.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, commando said:

Kyle acted in self defense.  That's different than murder.  

Cite where the latest shooter considered himself a Christian in any form.  

It's pretty cut and dry, you shall not commit murder.  For the identifying Christians on the forum, Jesus says you have hate for another in your heart you've committed murder.  From a sin sense, they're the same.  From a humanistic sense actual murder has far more tragic and terrible consequences than harboring hate alone.  However, in the eternal sense we're all guilty.  

I have less than zero intent to ever harm someone in that fashion.  It's beyond appalling.  But, according to the Bible, we have all committed murder and need redemption.  

And, it would be very poor form to deduce from the sentiment above overt homicide isn't as hellish at it is.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1