Gun Control

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another idiot over compensating for other shortcomings. He must be scared of those rainbows in Target. 

I thought stores used to have a no weapons policy? When that stop being a thing? I honestly would feel extremely unsafe with some walking around the same store as me and that thing slung on their shoulder.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another idiot over compensating for other shortcomings. He must be scared of those rainbows in Target. 

This is exactly what the founding fathers had in mind.  You never know when a tyrannical government is going to impose it's will on you in the frozen foods aisle.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I thought stores used to have a no weapons policy? When that stop being a thing? I honestly would feel extremely unsafe with some walking around the same store as me and that thing slung on their shoulder.

You should feel safer! I'm sure he's just one of those good guys with a gun we keep hearing about!

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

But guns were used, right?

:dunno

Why all the clamoring about ARs when pistols are FAR more prevalent in shootings?  

Many are at least forthright and want all guns banned.  

And it seems murder will always continue.  Evil is very real.

• TBH 2

5 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Why all the clamoring about ARs when pistols are FAR more prevalent in shootings?  

Many are at least forthright and want all guns banned.  

And it seems murder will always continue.  Evil is very real.

Despite the generality of the name, this thread is about mass shootings.  They are what provoke all the postings.  Not gun violence in general.  If you want to discuss guns as they relate to gang violence, suicides, robberies, and other forms of gun evil, etc. that needs its own thread.  Or maybe a thread for each one would be better.  No gun problem will ever be solved by grouping all forms of gun violence together.  Back to your question, though.  Get rid of the AR's and the high capacity magazines and mass shooting deaths will go down.  Oh sure, assailants can still use other guns and there will still be shootings and deaths, but anyone with just a decent understanding of ballistics knows that AR's and other high capacity rifle/pistol firearms are far and away the most deadly if were talking about taking as many lives as possible, which sadly, appears to be the goal of these deranged murderers.  I'm pretty certain you know all of this, but chose to continually pivot to gun violence in general terms to further your defense of the AR-15.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
48 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Despite the generality of the name, this thread is about mass shootings.  They are what provoke all the postings.  Not gun violence in general.  If you want to discuss guns as they relate to gang violence, suicides, robberies, and other forms of gun evil, etc. that needs its own thread.  Or maybe a thread for each one would be better.  No gun problem will ever be solved by grouping all forms of gun violence together.  Back to your question, though.  Get rid of the AR's and the high capacity magazines and mass shooting deaths will go down.  Oh sure, assailants can still use other guns and there will still be shootings and deaths, but anyone with just a decent understanding of ballistics knows that AR's and other high capacity rifle/pistol firearms are far and away the most deadly if were talking about taking as many lives as possible, which sadly, appears to be the goal of these deranged murderers.  I'm pretty certain you know all of this, but chose to continually pivot to gun violence in general terms to further your defense of the AR-15.  

The thread often focuses on ending gun violence, right?  Saving lives seems to come up often.  Is pointing out where, and with what tool, people are being harmed with out-of-bounds?

If so, the mental and moral brokenness of the shooter's is always relevant.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The thread often focuses on ending gun violence, right?  Saving lives seems to come up often.  Is pointing out where, and with what tool, people are being harmed with out-of-bounds?

If so, the mental and moral brokenness of the shooter's is always relevant.

I’m okay with banning all guns outside of the home or with a valid hunting license and a limit on ammo.

Anyone caught with a loaded gun in public gets a mandatory 6 months in prison for every Bullet they are capable of shooting.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m okay with banning all guns outside of the home or with a valid hunting license and a limit on ammo.

Anyone caught with a loaded gun in public gets a mandatory 6 months in prison for every Bullet they are capable of shooting.

Who gets them?  Police, .mil, the ones that protect the politicians sworn to serve, and the ones that don't care about laws?  

Do you think the latest dozen mass shootings are thwarted with these laws in place?  Or is this your start?

• Plus1 1