Lucky, Glenn and Jackson

If Cody is not the man then the coaches (Callahan) must be going on hype and what happened in high school (potential).

I can assure you, our coaches don't choose who plays by "hype" They play who they think gives them the greatest chance at success, regardless of position.

Still Watchin and Rhassell.... I certainly dont begrudge supporting your guy Cody Glenn, as you have had more opportunity to watch him run than anyone else on this board, but at the same time, you have had almost zero opportunity to watch Lucky run, and making comments that allude to Lucky being a Barry Sanders style 5 yard loss or 50 yard gain runner obviously shows that you may have watched Lucky run less than I have. I never saw Lucky dance into the hole last year, and I havent heard about him doing it this year. I saw a couple of plays where he missed a hole, and a hell of alot more where there was no hole. Glenn may excel in this kind of situation, but where Lucky excels and Glenn doesnt is when there is good blocking, Glenn is going to get to that second lvl, bowl over a few guys and gain 8-15 yards.... Lucky can make the guy miss and take it to the house. Glenn sounds like he is having a tremendous spring and I certainly believe that he could start, but Lucky is having a pretty good spring too, and this is after not being able to participate in winter conditioning. I guess what I am saying is talk about how great Glenn is all you want, and I will agree with you, but dont sit there and act you know how good Lucky is, because you dont.

You can't compare Glenn and Lucky to Green and Phillips due to the lack of proven performance. Let's hope they prove to be comparable. Also, I know I'm going far back, but don't forget about Rozier and Craig.

As for Wilson, if B. Jackson comes back, Callahan needs to consider redshirting him, unless we have a bunch of injuries.

You are right StuckinChicago I do not know how good Lucky is. What I said was if you read what has been posted by other people on the husker boards not just this one it revers to Lucky and Glenn about what they do and don't do. Like I said I am pulling for the C-Train because he gets the tough yardage and works his tail off, another quote by someone else (pigsonthewing) I think. Plus I am from his home town. I hope the best for both and maybe they will be Nebraska's Thunder and Lightening of the future.

You can't compare Glenn and Lucky to Green and Phillips due to the lack of proven performance. Let's hope they prove to be comparable. Also, I know I'm going far back, but don't forget about Rozier and Craig.

As for Wilson, if B. Jackson comes back, Callahan needs to consider redshirting him, unless we have a bunch of injuries.

Red shirting either B-Jax or Wilson isn't going to help our situation out a whole lot. IF either of them red shirt that means we they will be juniors just like Glenn and Lucky. The only guy that makes sense to red shirt would be Leon, and that is contingent on how much he could contribute. If he is going to sit 4th or 5th string and not see much time, a red shirt is probably a good idea, but if he shows that he con contribute in situations or even contend for playing time, you have to give your team the best chance to win.

Still Watchin and Rhassell.... I certainly dont begrudge supporting your guy Cody Glenn, as you have had more opportunity to watch him run than anyone else on this board, but at the same time, you have had almost zero opportunity to watch Lucky run, and making comments that allude to Lucky being a Barry Sanders style 5 yard loss or 50 yard gain runner obviously shows that you may have watched Lucky run less than I have. I never saw Lucky dance into the hole last year, and I havent heard about him doing it this year. I saw a couple of plays where he missed a hole, and a hell of alot more where there was no hole. Glenn may excel in this kind of situation, but where Lucky excels and Glenn doesnt is when there is good blocking, Glenn is going to get to that second lvl, bowl over a few guys and gain 8-15 yards.... Lucky can make the guy miss and take it to the house. Glenn sounds like he is having a tremendous spring and I certainly believe that he could start, but Lucky is having a pretty good spring too, and this is after not being able to participate in winter conditioning. I guess what I am saying is talk about how great Glenn is all you want, and I will agree with you, but dont sit there and act you know how good Lucky is, because you dont.

:yeah

You guys dogging me and Stillwatchin for being a Cody Glenn fan need to read the BigHuskerBoard and get on hayamannn, lpbaby, and born red that is where I got most of my info from what they wrote. Seems like they have seen practice or knows someone who is at practice everyday. :bounce Like I said I for the C-Train but I am not belittling Lucky or any other back. Just repeating what others are saying who seem to know more than all of us. Decide for yourself.

You guys dogging me and Stillwatchin for being a Cody Glenn fan need to read the BigHuskerBoard and get on hayamannn, lpbaby, and born red that is where I got most of my info from what they wrote. Seems like they have seen practice or knows someone who is at practice everyday. :bounce Like I said I for the C-Train but I am not belittling Lucky or any other back. Just repeating what others are saying who seem to know more than all of us. Decide for yourself.

I guess we will see on Saturday. Then we won't have to rely on second hand reports.

I can't wait :horns2

I've watched every possible clip that I could over Marlon Lucky...i've seen what he can do and I did see him shine in a league in Cali that I personally could have ran in. The thing that impressed me most about Lucky was his out of the backfield catching. I wasnt at all impressed with his running...but his speed is special.

As for Glenn...i've seen him play and i've watched him run over people again and again. Thats all people think he'll do...wrong...he can side step, spin, and do anything he needs to, including flat out RUN, to get to an endzone.

Yes, Glenn is my favorite for the IB spot. Not only because i've watched him his whole career but because I read everything on here...and how the team has a different "swagger" when Glenn is in there and how he is liked by his teammates because he "finishes his runs".

I'll talk about Glenn anytime I feel the need to on here and i've never once downed Marlon Lucky. I dont feel the need to...but i'll talk on here how I want to as long as it follows the rules. Dont expect me to change.

GBR! GO C-TRAIN!!

Also...the hype about Marlon Lucky in h/s was that he was so awesome...rushed for 5,000 some odd yards and 81 touchdowns...thats pretty impressive.

Whats even more impressive is...Cody Glenn...89 touchdowns...6,353 total rushing yards in Texas 3a Football.

Thats 27th all-time for rushing in the state of Texas.