DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

The kid is a house. And green - not a lot of bad habits and a ridiculous amount of upside potential. Imagine that frame with proper weight lifting and training - and he's only been playing for 2-3 years ... scary how much he'll likely improve as a Jr and Sr and then when he gets to Lincoln ... kudos to Parella for getting in on that early.

Hopefully we get more info on this kids recruitment in the coming days, especially what parrella's sell to him was, i am curious if they sold him on playing him at the nose in this 4-3 we have currently with an eye to for him to than run the two gap in nose in a 3-4 in the future? As we have heard them sell to other players like Miller.

It's hard telling right now cuz the kid has the size and speed to play either just fine.

Can't believe this kid isn't ranked by any service yet. His tape is very solid.

Nebraska contains some solid individual athletes. Denying that would be a lie.

Saying a Nebraska high schooler's tape is solid is a stretch. Nebraska football competition wise is sh#t.

yea so i think you misunderstand what i mean by solid. Which is fine because i have never interacted with you before today so let me educate you on how i rate tape.

When i say a kids tape looks solid, than in the tape the kid has shown physical/mental abilities in that tape that I associate with a division 1 football player on an acceptable level and doesn't show many if any deficiencies. I don't really see any serious deficiencies in his game except that it wouldn't hurt if he worked on getting off the ball a little quicker and improving his agility some.

But as solid would suggest i don't think this kid is going to walk right in and win a starting job year one either, if i thought that i would have described his tape as 'great', or 'amazing'. Instead his tape is just solid, he will likely have to red shirt and develop under parrella, if people wagered on this sort of thing my money is that would see him some as a red shirt freshman but that he would start his sophmore or junior year.

Yes the level of competition for Nebraska football is right what you would expect for a rural low population area, but that being said a kid can still have solid tape. And this young man does, and right now UCLA and Iowa think so too............. well lets just say UCLA does, Iowa doesn't count.

Alright buddy, I wasn't judging your ability to grade tape. Fair definition. Relax, keyboard warrior. We're all good here.

def7e3520ff180faaefe51614037b519.jpg

A friend of mine was at Friday Night Lights and he said this guy is a beast. His exact words "a man among boys".

With the right diet and strength/conditioning he could easily be a 600lb squat kind of guy. Has that Vincent Valentine body. Just needs a lot of coaching, repetition, and a good nutrition and strength coach.

• 2 weeks later...

#283 Overall (#25 DT) in the Scout 300.

I'm guessing that's where the four-star confusion came from. Usually the top 300 or so are four-stars. But they generally grade a little conservative to start with then go up from there.

So he's in the range that would usually be four-stars but Scout only has 275 four stars right now. He just missed.

#283 Overall (#25 DT) in the Scout 300.

I'm guessing that's where the four-star confusion came from. Usually the top 300 or so are four-stars. But they generally grade a little conservative to start with then go up from there.

So he's in the range that would usually be four-stars but Scout only has 275 four stars right now. He just missed.

Awesome for a kid who seems raw but has huge potential.

I was pretty surprised with the four-star rating. For a young guy in Class B Nebraska who (as far as I know) hasn't been to any camps, I wasn't expecting him to be rated that highly. I think he could get there but didn't think he'd start there.

Edit -- I mistook Mapieu with a different DT prospect
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic