DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I really hope it works out for him,  many fail to realize that not all grade and SAT problems are related to character or hard work.    I have seen it fist hand in my family, a now 4.00 third year college student  who was also a 3.8 HS student performed horribly on the entrance exams,  it was all Anxiety related.  Now my kid #2 works her butt of all the time harder then the older one ever did and she struggles to get C's in classes.  Watching them has made me see things very differently then I used to when it come to players not being able to make the grade.  

I hope he can qualify because Nebraska has excellent academic resources that can hopefully help Masry understand how he learns.

Like a poster above said, just because his grades are lower doesnt mean he doesnt try or is stupid, he might just not know how to study... We dont know.

If it is laziness, I hope that the resources wherever he ends up can help him figure out the importance of getting a good education first and sports second.

All comes with maturing and what not.

• Plus1 2
On 12/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, Minnesota_husker said:

I hope he can qualify because Nebraska has excellent academic resources that can hopefully help Masry understand how he learns.

Like a poster above said, just because his grades are lower doesnt mean he doesnt try or is stupid, he might just not know how to study... We dont know.

If it is laziness, I hope that the resources wherever he ends up can help him figure out the importance of getting a good education first and sports second.

All comes with maturing and what not.

It isn't that he's stupid or doesn't try.   He's had a tough road in his life and had a long ways to go when he came here. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think about 50% of the DTs we offered last year were serious academic risks.  It was crazy.

It would be interesting to hear an explanation of this thought process.  I know we can draw conclusions, but I would like to hear from, say, Parrella to explain this.

Common sense says that if you have someone not qualify at a specific position, you can't take the same risk the next year.  You just can't.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

It would be interesting to hear an explanation of this thought process.  I know we can draw conclusions, but I would like to hear from, say, Parrella to explain this.

Common sense says that if you have someone not qualify at a specific position, you can't take the same risk the next year.  You just can't.

Not to mention we could have gone hard after a few DTs that were as highly ranked or higher ranked than Masry. You cannot say you are taking one DT in the class and have that one be a major academic risk 

• Plus1 2

• Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic