DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Sounding much better after last semester.  Got really good grades and got his GPA up.

Still needs to raise his ACT or get another semester of good grades but a lot closer now.  If he gets a better ACT score he could qualify by signing day.  Otherwise he’ll have to wait a bit yet.

Coach seems confident he’ll qualify.  Otherwise he could grey shirt or might go to Iowa Western.

• Plus1 7

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sounding much better after last semester.  Got really good grades and got his GPA up.

Still needs to raise his ACT or get another semester of good grades but a lot closer now.  If he gets a better ACT score he could qualify by signing day.  Otherwise he’ll have to wait a bit yet.

Coach seems confident he’ll qualify.  Otherwise he could grey shirt or might go to Iowa Western.

Best news of the day

I heard that Masry did well on his ACT and got to a satisfactory score on the ACT. His high school teachers are confident that he will make grades come May. Sounds like the staff isn’t real interested in rolling the dice to see if he makes it or not. Virginia D-line coach is hot on him saying that they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get him on campus. 

Edited by Nvested
  • Plus1 4
8 hours ago, Nvested said:

I heard that Masry did well on his ACT and got to a satisfactory score on the ACT. His high school teachers are confident that he will make grades come May. Sounds like the staff isn’t real interested in rolling the dice to see if he makes it or not. Virginia D-line coach is hot on him saying that they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get him on campus. 

I wonder if they could go the greyshirt option with him?  If you qualify, you can come in in January, if not, JUCO it is.

12 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not gonna lie I would be pretty disappointed if Masry could qualify bht ended up elsewhere. He has alot of potential.

Plus if we don't get him then there is no DT for this class. It's not a big need for this class but it would be nice to get one. It sounds like he's putting in the academic work now, I think he signs here in Feb.

10 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Plus if we don't get him then there is no DT for this class. It's not a big need for this class but it would be nice to get one. It sounds like he's putting in the academic work now, I think he signs here in Feb.

I think we have a good shot at getting Ogbannia.

On 1/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, Nvested said:

Whoops, didn't read post closely enough.  Mods plz delete.

Edited by Xmas32
I can't read so good.
1 minute ago, HuskerNBigD said:

lol I was coming to post the same exact thing. Virginia is a top 10 school, academically.

I know right?  Then I read the post a bit closer and it mentioned that Masry is most likely going to qualify, the staff just might not be willing to take the chance on waiting so I had to edit it up.

Edited by Xmas32
3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I know right?  Then I read the post a bit closer and it mentioned that Masry is most likely going to qualify, the staff just might not be willing to take the chance on waiting so I had to edit it up.

Yeah, it just goes to show that these kids get an opportunity most can only dream of and they should take full advantage. Think about it, you're going from not being able to qualify to being able to attend UVA. Unreal.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Masry Mapieu [Louisiana Lafayette - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic