JUCO WR Omar Manning

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

97 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Manning commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

STOP with the narrative.

VJ1qUfG.jpg

Remember, in the pecking order...Held works for Walters.

What are you talking about? I didn’t say Walters hasn’t been/isn’t involved. 

You don’t find it odd that Walters hasn’t been in the homes with the other coaches? 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

You don’t find it odd that Walters hasn’t been in the homes with the other coaches? 

Maybe, possibly Walters strength is identifying the talent and Frost and Held are better at visits and closing? Just spit ballin’ here. I mean I see no problem whatsoever as long as these type of guys keep signing. Doesn’t strike me as any sort of problem at all.

And besides that, pretty sure I saw somewhere that Walters did do an in home visit with Omar at some point.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe, possibly Walters strength is identifying the talent and Frost and Held are better at visits and closing? Just spit ballin’ here. I mean I see no problem whatsoever as long as these type of guys keep signing. Doesn’t strike me as any sort of problem at all.

And besides that, pretty sure I saw somewhere that Walters did do an in home visit with Omar at some point.

You might be right. And I’m not questioning the strategy. It just isn’t the same as last year where you can go back and see him in the pics with the recruits. That’s why I said it was odd.

31 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Hes good at taking pictures with phones, so thats why hes never in the shot. Honestly, i dont like Walters. Listening to him talk about young wrs last year he was never ready to trust them enough to know offense to play. Well, why are they not getting better? Youre the wrs coach. No worse than putting in older players that didnt know the offense well. What are his credentials in developing wrs? Anybody know? What good wrs has he produced? Asking seriously.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Hes good at taking pictures with phones, so thats why hes never in the shot. Honestly, i dont like Walters. Listening to him talk about young wrs last year he was never ready to trust them enough to know offense to play. Well, why are they not getting better? Youre the wrs coach. No worse than putting in older players that didnt know the offense well. What are his credentials in developing wrs? Anybody know? What good wrs has he produced? Asking seriously.

Paul Richardson, Laquon Treadwell, Ryan Swope... 7 total 1000 receivers, two of which were each schools first ever. You guys love to create narratives. Maybe he’s trying to help his position group right now and that’s why he’s not on the trail. He’s a good coach, a coach who instead of leaving frost and co for a head coaching gig, stuck around and came to Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

Serious question, when was he around Laquon Treadwell? Treadwell played at Ole Miss in college and Walters was at Colorado that entire time.

My bad, I dunno why I was thinking Treadwell.  Tre’quan Smith.. My point stands, he’s developed receivers at every coaching destination. Also, has had more receivers drafted than previous coaches.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

My bad, I dunno why I was thinking Treadwell.  Tre’quan Smith.. My point stands, he’s developed receivers at every coaching destination. Also, has had more receivers drafted than previous coaches.

Ahhh gotcha. I agree though, he has had more receivers drafted than past Husker coaches but that’s not too difficult haha. My only thing is that it is kinda fishy that he doesn’t show up often on the recruiting trail. I’m not a big conspiracy guy so I can understand if there’s a legit reason behind it and not because he’s leaving or something like that. Adding someone like Manning makes me think we will get to see how good Walters truly is at his job over the next season or two.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, WVhuskerXX said:

So Held and Frost visited him but no sign of the OC/former NFL WR. Something definitely seems off with Walters and his lack of presence on the trail lately. 

Isn't Walters the only one who has publicly commented on wanting to be a head coach in the near future?

Not saying there's any direct connection, but it may be that that's part of the equation.....??

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Omar Manning