JUCO WR Omar Manning

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

97 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Manning commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost set to visit next week.  Doesn't sound like he has any other visits set up but lots of schools are after him.

His coach says Nebraska is "all he talks about."

Word is he isn't signing until February (don't know why).

Love it except for the February think it's a grade issue or what very curious?

On 12/4/2019 at 8:04 AM, BigRedBuster said:

This situation always boggles my mind.

I know kids not having the grades to get into certain colleges are something which seems almost "hard to do".  However, these kids have probably never been serious students and have gotten through life ok.  Unfortunately, many of the kids don't understand the importance of grades until it's too late.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know kids not having the grades to get into certain colleges are something which seems almost "hard to do".  However, these kids have probably never been serious students and have gotten through life ok.  Unfortunately, many of the kids don't understand the importance of grades until it's too late.

I can sort of see that in HS. But, when you miss out on going Div 1 the first time because of grades... then you still might not be doing what you need to do in the classroom,  no excuse. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I can sort of see that in HS. But, when you miss out on going Div 1 the first time because of grades... then you still might not be doing what you need to do in the classroom,  no excuse. 

These kids don't have the same upbringing and support to focus on their education as kids you know.    These kids probably haven't cared about school their entire life.  It's not an excuse, but expecting every single kid to change their behavior is unrealistic.  There are still going to be a number of kids who don't make it out of the JUCO's.  While it's infuriating to a lot of people to see kids waste these opportunities, it's just the way it is.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Omar Manning
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic