JUCO WR Omar Manning

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

97 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Manning commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, FrostedTips said:

A staffer on the TCU board was told he made it to campus for a visit and that they are still working on him.

TCU may be his backup plan to NU if he doesnt get his grades in order. It's my understanding  that since he was already at TCU, he can return before graduating from JC.

I know there was talk he wasn't going to sign until February. If that is our staff's preference, I think it's worth the risk of taking his signature now. 

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, theknife said:

What? His coach literally said Nebraska has been at the top of his list since the start, but he is in no rush to sign. 

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's typical fan over reaction to rumors that catch fire and they see one little sentence and declare the worst.

It's a logical assumption that something has changed. If Nebraska is at the top why wouldn't he sign on the 18th? Why is he visiting TCU and A&M if he has already found what he's looking for?  Coaches say a lot of things, and A&M just arrived on scene.

@BigRedBuster It's a typical homer attitude to just assume everything is fine when behavior seems to suggest otherwise.  See Mavs comment.  I'm predicting A&M here.

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It's a logical assumption that something has changed. If Nebraska is at the top why wouldn't he sign on the 18th? Why is he visiting TCU and A&M if he has already found what he's looking for?  Coaches say a lot of things, and A&M just arrived on scene.

Last year we didn't let some guys sign if there were academic concerns.  So that's one possibility.

I'm not trying to insinuate that's the case here.  Just there are a lot of factors that go into these things and we often don't know a lot of them.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Last year we didn't let some guys sign if there were academic concerns.  So that's one possibility.

I'm not trying to insinuate that's the case here.  Just there are a lot of factors that go into these things and we often don't know a lot of them.

Kind of hope this would be the exception with the extra scholarships we have, but maybe the graduate and transfer market will be a little kinder this year.

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If Nebraska is at the top why wouldn't he sign on the 18th? Why is he visiting TCU and A&M if he has already found what he's looking for?  Coaches say a lot of things, and A&M just arrived on scene.

I think it's also important to remember context. Omar's in his young 20's and is being wined and dined by some of the wealthiest programs in the country. As someone in my mid-thirties, if you told me I could on the one hand be done with something and not have to think about it for a few months or could have paid trips around the country to see great examples of something I love during which people would tell me how great I am....I'd choose the second one. I can only imagine what that's like for someone in different circumstances than me. This is especially true given that he can't get on campus and have the benefits on being on campus early one way or another. 

• Plus1 6
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes- its very possible we want to wait until february to make sure his grades check out. So he is visiting other places for backup plans to schools that he could get into with his grades if he cant get into NU.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

@BigRedBuster It's a typical homer attitude to just assume everything is fine when behavior seems to suggest otherwise.  See Mavs comment.  I'm predicting A&M here.

There's a big void in-between "everything is fine" and "He's gone".  I didn't ever say "everything is fine".  However, it was declared that "he's gone".  That's text book over reaction when there isn't anything definitive that he is.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Omar Manning
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic