JUCO WR Omar Manning

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

97 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Manning commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....you have a combo that sets records one year. One part of that convo leaves for the nfl and now it’s the All on the QB because the production isn’t the same. 

got it. 

I said QB and offense multiple times. Ive seen very few back shoulder or curl routes this year on the outside. Yes, receivers are not our strong suit this year, but production has tanked. I won’t keep harping on this though, as it has been done and understand Noa, Warner, Williams aren’t Morgan. 

We don't have a true outside option this season. Spielman is a slot with diminutive size, Noa wasn't valuable enough for Cal to want, also a slot. Warner is slot, though bigger but is a nice route runner. Williams/Woodyard both diminutive size that are slot types. Stan, Tre'Quan Smith, Darrion Carrington/Dwyane Stafford all had the build and skillsets that made them good outside receivers.

Maybe just as important, this offense is terrible at Inside Zone which opens up nearly all of Frost's offense

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Treand3 said:

We don't have a true outside option this season. Spielman is a slot with diminutive size, Noa wasn't valuable enough for Cal to want, also a slot. Warner is slot, though bigger but is a nice route runner. Williams/Woodyard both diminutive size that are slot types. Stan, Tre'Quan Smith, Darrion Carrington/Dwyane Stafford all had the build and skillsets that made them good outside receivers.

Maybe just as important, this offense is terrible at Inside Zone which opens up nearly all of Frost's offense

You hit the nail on the head. I know some don't want to hear this but I really believe that if we can move Farniok inside next year that will be a big boost to the inside run game. His run blocking is his strength and being able to add that type of size at guard will do wonders to the interior of the oline. 

• Plus1 7
19 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

You hit the nail on the head. I know some don't want to hear this but I really believe that if we can move Farniok inside next year that will be a big boost to the inside run game. His run blocking is his strength and being able to add that type of size at guard will do wonders to the interior of the oline. 

It's why I'm personally not as critical of him as others are. It's not his fault he has to play Tackle. Had the little fat bald guy recruited better, thay might've allowed for him to play Guard. Granted the current staff probably could've went for a JUCO stop gap in their transition class but the are addressing the OL.

Another thing to consider is most of the OL are suited to playing in a pro style scheme.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Treand3 said:

It's why I'm personally not as critical of him as others are. It's not his fault he has to play Tackle. Had the little fat bald guy recruited better, thay might've allowed for him to play Guard. Granted the current staff probably could've went for a JUCO stop gap in their transition class but the are addressing the OL.

Another thing to consider is most of the OL are suited to playing in a pro style scheme.

I think it's fair to be critical of him and also recognize that he'll likely be significantly better when he's in his proper position. 

Regarding the gap year, I'm starting to think that the coaches sticking with UCF hurt us more than we thought. It  might help us understand why we have a 2 year gap in recruiting instead of just one. I don't hold it against them, because it got us HCSF who I still think is the right person for the job, but I am leaning towards it extending the rebuild another year. This in turn sucks because we have a much harder schedule moving forward. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Huskerzoo said:

I think it's fair to be critical of him and also recognize that he'll likely be significantly better when he's in his proper position. 

Regarding the gap year, I'm starting to think that the coaches sticking with UCF hurt us more than we thought. It  might help us understand why we have a 2 year gap in recruiting instead of just one. I don't hold it against them, because it got us HCSF who I still think is the right person for the job, but I am leaning towards it extending the rebuild another year. This in turn sucks because we have a much harder schedule moving forward. 

Eh, I don't know about that.  That's just the nature of transition classes, no matter how much time you have.  They were able to get some pretty highly-rated guys for no longer time than they had.  Maybe they could have gotten some different fits but they might not have been great players and still not been helping.  

I think the recruiting advantage we gained by the good press far out-weighed any extra time they could have put in.  The game against Auburn was basically a four-hour advertisement on national TV.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

Make no mistake about it, hasn't been good. Anytime you are out there, you're expected to perform.

Agree. 

2 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

Regarding the gap year, I'm starting to think that the coaches sticking with UCF hurt us more than we thought.

I don't think so.  I honestly can't see how they would have done better recruiting.  Heck, even when they weren't actively recruiting for us, they were still in the public eye and the media was fawning all over them.....which helps recruiting.

I think this is an issue where Husker fans are grasping at straws.

• Plus1 5

What we know: Betts isn't a 100% bet to qualify, we lost Jones, & Andre Hunt may never come back. 

Even worse, McQuitty has a high likelihood of not being here next spring. Keep in mind the distribution of WRs next year too. We have almost no upperclassman. Getting a chance to snag two big JUCO guys to even out the scholarship distribution make sense in a lot of ways. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Omar Manning
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic