Jump to content
Mavric

JUCO WR Omar Manning

HuskerBoard Predictor  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

These kids don't have the same upbringing and support to focus on their education as kids you know.    These kids probably haven't cared about school their entire life.  It's not an excuse, but expecting every single kid to change their behavior is unrealistic.  There are still going to be a number of kids who don't make it out of the JUCO's.  While it's infuriating to a lot of people to see kids waste these opportunities, it's just the way it is.

 

 

 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good read on this prospect: https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-in-prime-position-to-land-texas-junior-college-receiver/article_585b7fa7-c56a-5c58-b554-2ea4fe14efb3.html

 

Also if you haven't checked out his highlights, I HIGHLY suggest it. Dude is an NFL caliber WR. He gets almost every jump ball, makes one handed Odell type catches, has Julio Jones type range and sideline catching ability, knows where his feet are, and is a burner. He's not a quick twitch guy like Wandale but his route running is still very good. In highschool he was right between CeeDee Lamb and Charleston Rambo in the rankings. 

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

Very good read on this prospect: https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-in-prime-position-to-land-texas-junior-college-receiver/article_585b7fa7-c56a-5c58-b554-2ea4fe14efb3.html

 

Also if you haven't checked out his highlights, I HIGHLY suggest it. Dude is an NFL caliber WR. He gets almost every jump ball, makes one handed Odell type catches, has Julio Jones type range and sideline catching ability, knows where his feet are, and is a burner. He's not a quick twitch guy like Wandale but his route running is still very good. In highschool he was right between CeeDee Lamb and Charleston Rambo in the rankings. 

 

Thanks. I just saw this article and was about to post it on here. I agree he seems like a high priority as this offense needs more big bodied receivers to allow us to throw more vertically downfield.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

This offense NEEDS more Omar Mannings. 

Absolutely agree here. I think this is one of the reasons our offense was so bad this year. We had NO downfield threat whatsoever. We need WR who are over 5 10 and can win some jump balls downfield and out on the edge. Every team we played this year knew we were only running it or doing a swing pass, makes it pretty easy to press and stack the box and defend when you know your opponent cant pass the ball more than a few yards downfield. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon can Nebraska please lock this up?  I've got like 6 or 7 Omar from The Wire gifs all fired up and I'd like to use them.  Please and thank you.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

C'mon can Nebraska please lock this up?  I've got like 6 or 7 Omar from The Wire gifs all fired up and I'd like to use them.  Please and thank you.

giphy.gif

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visited TCU this past weekend and A&M were in home with him today. Seems like he wants to stay in TX. If he goes back to TCU he won’t have to get an AA like he would have to to get to Nebraska, so the rumors of his grades being pretty bad seem to have legs.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Visited TCU this past weekend and A&M were in home with him today. Seems like he wants to stay in TX. If he goes back to TCU he won’t have to get an AA like he would have to to get to Nebraska, so the rumors of his grades being pretty bad seem to have legs.

This would be very bad, like very bad. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

This would be very bad, like very bad. 

Par for the course lately. Betts being eligible has to be a reality or we are going to end up with another  WR class with no big bodied wideout. 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my number one guy I think for the success of this offense next year that is a must get. If we don't get him we better land someone very similarly built in a grad transfer otherwise our offense next year may look much the same as it did this year is my fear. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...