The Obama Legacy

Here we go with the NY Post again.

Do you fact check yourself before posting virulent claims, bnilhome? You should.

What is their to fact check. All outlets are reporting that the $400 million we paid to Iran was contingent upon the release of the prisoners. Do you not define that as ransom? Should the US start making payment for prisoners its new policy? By focusing on the source, you are dodging the issue here.

Oh, and just in case you need to know the specific definition of ransom, here it is.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ransom

• Fire 2

The $400M is part of a previous settlement (of a longstanding claim made to the Hague tribunal) for money that the United States owed to Iran. It's fair game to use other forms of cooperation as leverage in current negotiations, and it happens all the time to ensure follow-through.

I'm sure you knew all of those facts, prior to echoing these GOP attack lines.

And if you don't think Murdoch's tabloid, other pro-Trump fonts, and partisan actors are hyping up hysteria about this in a dishonest way, that's your call.

If you were in charge, would you not make sure Iran didn't start getting money -- which you are already bound to have to eventually pay, plus interest -- until at least some of your countrymen had been safely delivered in a separate deal? Or would you say "Hey, before, after, same time -- doesn't matter to me"?

The $400M is part of a previous settlement (of a longstanding claim made to the Hague tribunal) for money that the United States owed to Iran. It's fair game to use other forms of cooperation as leverage in current negotiations, and it happens all the time to ensure follow-through.

And if you don't think Murdoch's tabloid, other pro-Trump fonts, and partisan actors are hyping up hysteria about this in a dishonest way, that's your call.

If you were in charge, would you not make sure Iran didn't start getting money -- which you are already bound to have to eventually pay, plus interest -- until at least some of your countrymen had been safely delivered in a separate deal? Or would you say "Hey, before, after, same time -- doesn't matter to me"?

Wow, that is pure Obama/DNC spin. Obama's own spokesperson admitted yesterday the release of the hostages was contingent upon arrival of the money.

• Fire 2

Wow, that is pure Obama/DNC spin. Obama's own spokesperson admitted yesterday the release of the hostages was contingent upon arrival of the money.

The key distinction being that the money was already owed independently of the American hostages element.

• Fire 2

Hot dog! Let's hope that China never gets any U.S hostages. At $1.2 trillion, that would require...well...this

dark-knight-bat-02.jpg

One of the things Obama will be most known for outside of being the first black POTUS is his signature legislation "Obamacare." We are six years into the law, and it looks like things still are not going well. The NY Times of all outlets has identified several major issues with the law, including premiums rising faster than planned, and fewer doctors than promised.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/upshot/think-your-obamacare-plan-will-be-like-employer-coverage-think-again.html?_r=0

• Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Obama Is Finally Getting The Credit He Deserves As Approval Rating Nears 60%

Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are popular within their own party, but unpopular among the broader electorate. The American people have had nearly eight years of an outstanding presidency. The Obama years have been devoid of political scandals. President Obama has behaved like a president that the country can be proud of. He has been everything that the American people could ask for in a president.

At a time when many Americans are fed up with a Republican Congress that has accomplished and allowed nothing, President Obama has achieved progress.

Obama is set to leave office riding a wave of popularity and appreciation that is both hard earned and well deserved.

• Fire 1

Well....I wouldn't go as far as that article takes it. Obama ushered in a program (ACA) that is falling apart and is going to cost one hell of a lot of money before its said and done and he spent his first term basically blaming Bush for everything. Yes, he has gotten through without scandal and he's acted Presidential. Whoopteedoo. That's the bottom floor any President should aspire to.

I've been interested in these approval numbers and I honestly think it's because of the two pathetic candidates we have coming up behind him. America looks at these two and says...."Damn.....as bad as he is.....he's better than them."

He probably will go down better in history than whoever is there in the next 4-8 years.

I've been interested in these approval numbers and I honestly think it's because of the two pathetic candidates we have coming up behind him. America looks at these two and says...."Damn.....as bad as he is.....he's better than them."

That has to have some kind of factor, but his numbers have been on the uptick since before the primaries were even in thought.

Here is why I think Clinton/Trump is having at least some affect on it.

He's at 60%. That means there has to be some conservatives who are giving him a positive approval rating. I think the fact that so many are frustrated and upset that Trump is the Candidate, they are willing to view Obama in less of a negative light.

I very well might be wrong. However, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

He's at 60%. That means there has to be some conservatives who are giving him a positive approval rating.

No it doesn't. Not necessarily, at least. 40% of our country identifies as independent, 31% democrat, and 29% republican. Doesn't really say much towards whether 50+% of our country is conservative.

He's at 60%. That means there has to be some conservatives who are giving him a positive approval rating.

No it doesn't. Not necessarily, at least. 40% of our country identifies as independent, 31% democrat, and 29% republican. Doesn't really say much towards whether 50+% of our country is conservative.

I'm not saying Independent, Democrat or Republican. I'm saying Liberal or Conservative. There is a difference.