DE Micah Parsons [Penn State- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

116 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parsons commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, jaws said:

Obviously I can't speak for the staff, but past articles have said the staff see a lot of potential in Smith and more so in Oweh. 

That would be a good reason. Just seems weird to me. But i'm not going to second guess Urban and co. ability to recruit and project kids. They clearly know what the hell they're doing.

Lots of people in the comments saying they would prefer Oweh and/or Smith because since Parsons is predicted to go to Nebraska he must be "cancerous" and too "toxic" of an attitude for their coaching staffs to put up with ha. One mans trash is anothers treasure I guess.

Edited by Huskerzoo
Took out direct quote from pay article. Summary that doesn't violate pay wall was provided earlier.
  • Plus1 1

I think that many OSU fans (and several here) thought he'd commit this weekend, when he didn't and when he announced he was going back to PSU this weekend it gives every indication that while he "had the time of his life" at OSU, perhaps it wasn't the end all be all.  

If I remember right, dad is a PSU guy, so if we can get him here in Oct that's huge. I have every confidence in our defensive staff recruiting the family as a whole, and we know MR does this like nobody else.  

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think that many OSU fans (and several here) thought he'd commit this weekend, when he didn't and when he announced he was going back to PSU this weekend it gives every indication that while he "had the time of his life" at OSU, perhaps it wasn't the end all be all.  

If I remember right, dad is a PSU guy, so if we can get him here in Oct that's huge. I have every confidence in our defensive staff recruiting the family as a whole, and we know MR does this like nobody else.  

I don't think any OSU recruiting analysts publicly stated that Parsons wold commit while in Columbus and I don't think any OSU fans on here (basically just me) thought that either. 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I don't think any OSU recruiting analysts publicly stated that Parsons wold commit while in Columbus and I don't think any OSU fans on here (basically just me) thought that either. 

Was referring to the multiple posts by multiple posters here starting on Sept 5th.  I have no clue what OSU analysts were saying, I don't watch them.  I also don't have a clue what OSU fans thought - only what was posted here.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:35 PM, C N Red said:

Word is if Riley doesnt make it another year or 2 we have a deal ready with Saban to come in. He is apparently looking for a really big challenge before he retires. We are apparently selling recruits on this so if Riley isnt around they know they will be playing for Saban. 

giphy.gif

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2017/09/85406/11w-recruiting-mailbag-defensive-line-targets-wide-receiver-development-loss-impact-recruiting

Wiltfong, who is as plugged into the Ohio State football program as any recruiting analyst out there, then placed his crystal ball prediction in favor of Nebraska. But he said it had nothing to do with Parsons' tweet:

“I think Nebraska is the one pushing the hardest for Parsons,” he said. “Parsons plans on taking all five official visits so things could develop with some other programs, but at this moment I like Nebraska. Parsons had a strong visit to Lincoln in the summer and returns for his official Oct. 7. He was at Ohio State this past weekend and returns to Happy Valley this weekend but again I think it's the Huskers pushing the hardest” 

There are some interesting bits in that article about Parsons.

• Plus1 1

Thanks for posting Jaws.  One thing that would be interesting is if PSU had a huge season like being undefeated going into the CCG or something like that.  I know he de-committed from PSU and it's rare to see guys de-commit and then re-up with the same school (although it worked for Nebraska with Browne) but with his dad being a huge PSU fan and the school being so close to home a possibly CFP bound PSU might be tough to say 'no' too.  I know that my take is unpopular but for Nebraska's sake I think we as a fan base need to hope PSU stubs their toe a time or two this season.