A man you can bait with a Tweet

Just now, QMany said:

Let's not forget the unanimous (read: bipartisan) CR that included border security. This is literally about Trump's pride over "wall." The votes are there, lap-dog McConnell just doesn't want to anger his master.  

It's exactly what this is.  The wall is a dick measuring contest.  My money is on Nancy swinging the bigger one

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Pretty sure the numbers you posted are in line with the talking point I am referring to though I could be wrong. 

We could both be correct.  The dollars could be the same as Obama era but how it is appropriated could be different.

My apologies for the snark in the last comment 

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

We could both be correct.  The dollars could be the same as Obama era but how it is appropriated could be different.

My apologies for the snark in the last comment 

And again I could totally be wrong but thats what I have kept hearing was they passed a funding package essentially the same as was under Obama and the reasoning was it was already an effective plan. They had already planned on securing funding for more fencing and more agents thats for sure. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

And again I could totally be wrong but thats what I have kept hearing was they passed a funding package essentially the same as was under Obama and the reasoning was it was already an effective plan. They had already planned on securing funding for more fencing and more agents thats for sure. 

So...what I'm gathering from this discussion is that the Dems have done a horrible job of communicating what exactly they have done, plan to do and propose to do in the future.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's exactly what this is.  The wall is a dick measuring contest.  My money is on Nancy swinging the bigger one

That being said, I think Democratic messaging should be clearer. Because a vast majority don't understand what is going on here, just more "both sides" BS.

100-0 Vote

$__B for "effective border security" incl. fencing...

Open government

Trump vetoed and shut down government because of antiquated wall ("pride"). 

RT that MF 10,000,000 times. 

Embarrass Trump, and don't let McConnell hide/misinform. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So...what I'm gathering from this discussion is that the Dems have done a horrible job of communicating what exactly they have done, plan to do and propose to do in the future.

No you can gather that I don't follow the news as much as I used to. St. Paul posted a very clear budget dems put forth.

9 minutes ago, QMany said:

That being said, I think Democratic messaging should be clearer. Because a vast majority don't understand what is going on here, just more "both sides" BS.

RT that MF 10,000,000 times. 

Embarrass Trump, and don't let McConnell hide/misinform. 

That's my point.  Right now, the Dems are stuck in a "both sides" hole.  They need to put on a full court press to get out and explain what they are doing and willing to do.  Make Trump look like an idiot and give the Republicans in congress a very hard time explaining why they support continuing the shut down.

Right now, all I have seen is Chuck and Nancy talking about Trump throwing a temper tantrum.  That means nothing.  We all know he throws temper tantrums.  Show us how you're the adults in the room with ideas.  

• Plus1 2
55 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't know how much better they can communicate than passing legislation

yes, but they have to win the PR battle.  Until you posted the legislation details, I didn't know/understand that they have a more comprehensive plan than what Trump has - which is as you mentioned a dick measuring wall only.  I didn't see Trump's address Tuesday night (couldn't stomach the thought) so in turn I didn't hear the San Fran Nan and Chucky show afterwards. The Dems need an articulate spokesperson for their plan to contrast the difference between them and The Dufus. 

The Dems would also be better off not celebrating how progressive they can be and get down to real America - this is a issue that has troubled America for decades (I think last real reform was 1986 under Reagan). The party that comes up wt a real solution - Security + humanitarian immigration - will sew up their hold on govt for some time.  

The Repubs failed miserably in their 2 years under full control - they were shown to be empty suits only doing the work of their campaign donors.

Dems have a real opportunity if they don't go to the wild side, to become the dominant party for the next few decades - they would have to start now, get control of more state govts in 2020  (2020 census and district redrawing comes into play --- which will be Yuge). 

I'm almost sounding like a Dem cheerleader now :o:facepalm:.  But I want govt that works and what we see now isn't working and it won't under Trump.  Dems now is your chance to act like adults in the room - Comprehensive border control/immigration, health care, environmental and trade issues, and while you are at it - open your tent up a bit to us pro-life believing folks.   Don't go full bore progressive on us this cycle (or two or three).  Be moderate in your approach and you'll see the moderate to right of center repubs following your lead and work with you.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't know how much better they can communicate than passing legislation

41 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It took a 30 second Google search

Really???  Why do politicians go on news shows or do interviews?  They need to be putting out the army of spokespeople getting this out to the masses.  Otherwise, the Republicans win the PR battle because the majority of America won't know the Dems actually have supported border security.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???  Why do politicians go on news shows or do interviews?  They need to be putting out the army of spokespeople getting this out to the masses.  Otherwise, the Republicans win the PR battle because the majority of America won't know the Dems actually have supported border security.

There have been hundreds of tweets and other stories on various media outlets about what they want and what they've done.  My mention of the Google search was meant that it was easy to find and I used it so I could be factually correct in what I was about to post.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

There have been hundreds of tweets and other stories on various media outlets about what they want and what they've done.  My mention of the Google search was meant that it was easy to find and I used it so I could be factually correct in what I was about to post.

They are losing the PR battle then.

The vast majority of America believes Trump wants a wall and the Dems have said no.  So, their's a shutdown.  

For the Dems to win this, they need the story line to be that the Dems have passed border security, but Trump won't sign it and Border Patrol agents aren't getting paid because of it.

You can talk all you want about how many tweets or stories from various outlets.  But, the reality is, they need to do more.  The biggest failure here is that when Chuck and Nancy come out of meetings where he throws a tantrum, they need to be talking about how he won't agree to their bill they have passed, instead of two immature he is.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

They are losing the PR battle then.

The vast majority of America believes Trump wants a wall and the Dems have said no.  So, their's a shutdown.  

For the Dems to win this, they need the story line to be that the Dems have passed border security, but Trump won't sign it and Border Patrol agents aren't getting paid because of it.

You can talk all you want about how many tweets or stories from various outlets.  But, the reality is, they need to do more.  The biggest failure here is that when Chuck and Nancy come out of meetings where he throws a tantrum, they need to be talking about how he won't agree to their bill they have passed, instead of two immature he is.

This is being covered everywhere.  How are you not seeing it?

• Plus1 1

God, don't you miss the days when Obama and Boener were arguing over budget specifics of The Grand Bargain. Like, how can we soften the blow and make it look like you cut taxes and I didn't cut social safety nets. Those were the days.... Now we're pissing off a wall... "Bye bye!"

• Plus1 1