A man you can bait with a Tweet

8 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

First off, why is it considered such a derogatory put down to call a man by his wifes' last name?

This only applies to misogynists.

As far as KellyAnne Conway goes, I think that marriage is just fine because they both know she's going to write a best-selling book when this is all done. Remember, she's just a hired gun. She was on air denouncing Trump until Trump hired her.  She has no loyalty to him once the checks stop coming in. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

First off, why is it considered such a derogatory put down to call a man by his wifes' last name?

And secondly - dude's going off the deep end today.  George has his number and is lighting it up this morning.

I can't pretend to understand how a marriage with such different opinions works (never understood Carver & Matlin either) but there's no way I'd let my husband dictate my work, and if he threatened to leave because of my job he probably just should.  The quote from George yesterday about his venting on twitter so that he doesn't take out his frustration on his wife was actually pretty mature I thought.  He said he wished she didn't work for him, but that he is very proud of her.

If this is in response to my post, let me explain a little further.  This is no longer about a "job."  This is about a very toxic situation that wouldn't end well in most normal circumstances.  It can be ended in two ways: leaving the job, or leaving the marriage.  If this were me (and I thank God it's not!) I would have zero problem packing my wife's things today if she went back to that mess.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This only applies to misogynists.

As far as KellyAnne Conway goes, I think that marriage is just fine because they both know she's going to write a best-selling book when this is all done. Remember, she's just a hired gun. She was on air denouncing Trump until Trump hired her.  She has no loyalty to him once the checks stop coming in. 

This has to be true!  Which is why I don't feel sorry for any of them.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This has to be true!  Which is why I don't feel sorry for any of them.

I like to think that she's wearing a wire and feeding info to all sorts of investigators.  Her hubby is such a patriot it's not hard to imagine.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Looks like the trap's been set - bait is out there, will he take it?

257731175_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_00_35AM.png.698ad05b746f918d11fcb0cd683fb960.png1920205271_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_02_12AM.png.f0136c1a73f6b14cec1b93165350e2a5.png944287508_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_02_39AM.png.d9482548cd432024535c25d47d7ad72f.png1248055357_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_03_04AM.png.d5aa0f1e0dc3624b855d368dcc6f4c7c.png1353745268_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_05_03AM.png.36ee1f0615ee01a458e12425ff4eb20d.png1284873987_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_04_36AM.png.fd9e0827d03865fb883b4a4b9da30e04.png870598556_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_04_12AM.png.b69b476cd6a10c7e94659729bdcb31d9.png376759958_ScreenShot2019-03-20at9_03_31AM.png.090cecf0c840a6d087fc2761f87b6505.png For those (like me that needed the black and white photo explained:  

I don't like either of the Conways. Even if she's just a mercenary, she's working to support a corrupt administration, and that damages America.

Further, I really hate this new thing we have of diagnosing mental disorders from online activity. That's a non-starter, and love or hate Trump, we should all agree this isn't something we should be doing.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Further, I really hate this new thing we have of diagnosing mental disorders from online activity. That's a non-starter, and love or hate Trump, we should all agree this isn't something we should be doing.

We don't need an armchair diagnosis to know that Trump is mentally unfit to hold the Presidency.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

We don't need an armchair diagnosis to know that Trump is mentally unfit to hold the Presidency.

:yeahBingo!        Pence and the cabinet aren't fit to continue this charade even if Mueller investigation forces Trump out.  By sitting on their hands, the officials in the cabinet and the VP are only empowering Trump to do more of the same and it also keeps the status quo - Trump in office.  Article 25 should have been enacted some time ago by all of these who are in the know but do nothing.  As the saying goes, Evil triumphs when good men (and women) do nothing.   The election cannot happen soon enough and I hope the Dems nominate someone who is supported by more than just the fringe left. 

Romney calls out Trump. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-calls-out-trumps-attacks-on-heroic-mc-cain-235059131.html

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I saw this last night, so paraphrased:  god, don't you bet John McCain is loving the fact that from his grave 6 months after he died he is still haunting this clown?

No from his new vantage point, McCain is probably more grieved and pained by seeing what miserable deapths a human being can fall to.  Abundant grace changes the heart from revenge and joy at another person's downfall to pity, sorrow and mercy.

When I read the below, my first thought was - If no one in Congress or the admin is talking about Amend 25 now, there is a vast dereliction of duty.  Trump is certifiable nuts a mad man.

Hillary made a big mistake - She should have just called Trump deplorable & not his supporters (in general- not saying that about the real nut jobs) and she may have won.  For Trump is

and has been truly DEPLORABLE.    

McCain's flag will forever fly higher than Trump's in our history books.   This is the only 'temporal revenge' McCain needs - the opinion of others and history.    While I didn't always agree wt McCain's positions I never doubted that he was an honorable man.  Something Trump would know nothing about.

https://apnews.com/b9cfac2db09c4aa884e9f17e5fcdf346

This is particularly damming of Trump: 

I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted,” Trump told reporters at a campaign-style rally in Lima, Ohio. “I didn’t get (a) thank you but that’s OK :cry

John McCain

WASHINGTON (AP) — Casting aside rare censure from Republican lawmakers, President Donald Trump aimed new blasts of invective at the late John McCain Wednesday, even claiming credit for the senator’s moving Washington funeral and complaining he was never properly thanked.

By the time the president began his anti-McCain tirade in Ohio, several leading Republicans had signaled a new willingness to defy Trump by defending the Vietnam War veteran as a hero seven months after he died of brain cancer. One GOP senator called Trump’s remarks “deplorable.”

Trump then launched a lengthy rant in which he claimed without citing evidence that McCain had pushed for a war and failed America’s veterans.

McCain’s allies suggested it was time for that to change.

“I hope (Trump’s) indecency to John’s memory and to the McCain family will convince more officeholders that they can’t ignore the damage Trump is doing to politics and to the country’s well-being or remain silent despite their concerns,” said Mark Salter, McCain’s biographer. “They must speak up.”

12 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

John McCain hated Trump and never hid it. Trump has no obligation to pretend he liked or even respected McCain just because he's dead. 

The telling part, as always, is Trump feeling sorry for himself because nobody said "thank-you" for allowing the state funeral. 

This will come as a shock to you but he lied. The president doesnt need to give permission for a funeral like that. Congress does. 

• Thanks 1