A man you can bait with a Tweet

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree with you.  I would hope that most rational people read his Tweets and think "WTF?"  But on the other hand, it is dangerous how some irrational people can be motivated by his Tweets to do some crazy things.  But I also believe those people would get the same "guidance" from his on camera appearances as well.

Now, I think Twitter should do a better job of weeding out fake accounts, disinformation, and hate speech.  This would cut down on some of the stupid crap Trump reTweets...

That's the other side.  What is he putting out there that is motivating his unstable followers?

But....then I think, if Twitter suspends his account, he/they will look at this as part of the deep state conspiracy against him....thus motivating them anyway.

• Plus1 1

Banning Trump from Twitter is the worst call possible. 

It plays directly into media bias (you can find tons of unhinged presumably liberal celebrities on Twitter) and it takes away our unfiltered view of the man. A man who has zero chance of learning from the experience, and a 100% chance of seeking revenge elsewhere. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is absolutely amazing to me how tone deaf the Trumps are.

I worked for a rich dude once who got it all because of who his parents are and he legitimately thought he was a self made man who could’ve done it all on his own. I would not be surprised at all if Trump’s kids think they’re self made, after all I’m pretty sure he feels the same about himself. 

• Plus1 1

I believe that was the same meeting where Trump decide to trash Gen. Mattis, who joins pretty much everyone else in pointing out that Trump's Syria move is like candy to ISIS.

I wish my friends who believe in patriots, patriotism, and Trump would finally recognize just how small and cowardly this President is.

https://www.axios.com/trump-james-mattis-syria-pelosi-schumer-810491d6-c818-4b37-a31d-105a61367fcc.html

• Plus1 2

I don't even know why he posted that picture, Pelosi looks like she's commanding the attention of the room as Trump tries to snarl back, and the General who I assume is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff looks down dejectedly.

Literally the only woman at the table is standing up to Trump.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't even know why he posted that picture, Pelosi looks like she's commanding the attention of the room as Trump tries to snarl back, and the General who I assume is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff looks down dejectedly.

I read... somewhere, and had been wondering about it earlier, that he passed out the letter to Erdogan in the same meeting (or maybe to the press right after). I was trying to figure out how it got leaked and figured they had to have sent it out on purpose or he would be screaming about it now.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I read... somewhere, and had been wondering about it earlier, that he passed out the letter to Erdogan in the same meeting (or maybe to the press right after). I was trying to figure out how it got leaked and figured they had to have sent it out on purpose or he would be screaming about it now.

I was goddamn embarrassed when I heard that letter read. That would barely get you a C+ in ninth grade english, and our president sent it to another world leader... :facepalm:  So embarrassing.

"Hey Erd, like don't be a jerk ok, because I might have to do something about it. You know I will, right? And then I'll look bad because you made me hurt you, and people will think you're bad too. You don't want people to think you're like the devil do you? Ok, well, let's talk later. K, bye!"

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yup - he passed it out at that meeting - speculation was it was to support  his theme about how tough he was in this situation involving withdrawl - obviously when he heard how many voted against his move the content of this took a back seat as he spiraled.