A man you can bait with a Tweet

Just now, TGHusker said:

I'm not far left and I was never a formal never Trumper.  I had hoped he would grow up and become a real president after he was elected.  However, many of us conservatives who now speak against Trump have clearly moved to the Never Trump camp based on real facts and real actions/words of a man not worthy of the office. 

I'm not far from you actually. Voted for Trump with hopes he'd tear down a couple wings of the pentagon (figuratively). Instead, he's increased the scope of government and spent a bunch more money, so I'd love to have someone else to vote for. Problem is, there aren't any good options at the moment.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm not far from you actually. Voted for Trump with hopes he'd tear down a couple wings of the pentagon (figuratively). Instead, he's increased the scope of government and spent a bunch more money, so I'd love to have someone else to vote for. Problem is, there aren't any good options at the moment.

Sometimes the best offense is to punt before you take a safety.  In this case, I think it would be better for the nation as a whole if a decent Dem gets elected who can bring us back together.  The scum of from this president on the GOP makes them incapable of uniting the country at this time.  Then GOP can then get their heads out of their collective behinds and start to rebuild a party that isn't  taken captive by a con man and his weak knee supporters in the Congress.   If Congressional GOP leaders would wise up & stop supporting Trump, there would be time for a quality candidate to step up on the GOP side  But the longer they fight the obvious, the more likely they will get defeated in a landslide.  I don't expect this leadership group to step up - they haven't shown the guts to do so and they have there own special interests invested into Trump.

Note: if Kasich were to run - I'd be walking the streets on his behalf.  A compassionate, decent man- the opposite of Trump.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sometimes the best offense is to punt before you take a safety.  In this case, I think it would be better for the nation as a whole if a decent Dem gets elected who can bring us back together.  The scum of from this president on the GOP makes them incapable of uniting the country at this time.  Then GOP can then get their heads out of their collective behinds and start to rebuild a party that isn't  taken captive by a con man and his weak knee supporters in the Congress.   If Congressional GOP leaders would wise up & stop supporting Trump, there would be time for a quality candidate to step up on the GOP side  But the longer they fight the obvious, the more likely they will get defeated in a landslide.  I don't expect this leadership group to step up - they haven't shown the guts to do so and they have there own special interests invested into Trump.

Note: if Kasich were to run - I'd be walking the streets on his behalf.  A compassionate, decent man- the opposite of Trump.

I'd have to look into Kasich's actual policy proposals, but I'm pretty staunchly anti-career-politician - one of the main reasons I couldn't get behind Ted Cruz.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, yet you seem awfully "knowledgeable" about all these horrible things that Obama, Bidens and Hillary have done.....but....gee....I just don't pay that much attention to what Trump has been doing.

Never said I didn't approve of the impeachment inquiry. If they believe he did something wrong, they should move forward - but it needs to be more transparent than it has been up to this point.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Never said I didn't approve of the impeachment inquiry. If they believe he did something wrong, they should move forward - but it needs to be more transparent than it has been up to this point.

Why?

You do realize this isn't the trial period right?  This is the fact finding part and it should be behind closed doors.  Republicans that are throwing a hissy fit over it either have absolutely no clue what they are talking about or are so partisan that they are actively trying to disrupt the hearings.  I'll let you decide which is which.  

LINK

The Constitution states clearly that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments."

But...isn't this interesting.

House Republicans Complain About Rules They Approved In 2015

But if they find the process unfair, they have only themselves to blame. The House rules that govern this process were adopted in 2015, by the then-Republican majority. And the same Republican leaders leading this criticism helped establish those majority-centric rules at that time.

So....let's review.  In 2015, the Republicans put these rules in place when they thought they might have a chance to impeach Hillary when she wins the nomination.  But....oooppsss....Trump wins and now the Democrats are using their rules.

What a bunch of snowflakes.....or, at minimum just a bunch of flakes.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Keep meaning to ask you @TGHusker I heard Kasich a couple weeks ago when he was promoting his book say that he would not vote Dem (or something to that effect, he said he wouldn't vote Trump but wouldn't cross the line)  I only heard it once so he may have backed off of it,

I had not heard that.  It probably would ruin his chance to run for office if he said he'd vote dem.

• 2 weeks later...