A man you can bait with a Tweet

Just now, schriznoeder said:

Related:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/the-hidden-risk-in-donald-trumps-tweets/

Again Tuesday, the president of the United States decided to suggest that a TV morning-show host committed murder.

That is a depressing sentence to type.

But backlash across the spectrum about Donald Trump tweeting baseless conspiracy theories against Joe Scarborough did nothing to dissuade him.

We suppose there are some Trump followers who enjoy this. The libs say horrible things about you, go ahead and say terrible things about them! There is a difference, though, between mocking someone’s ratings and hurting an innocent family with the memories of their tragic daughter because of a petty feud.

A much larger portion of Trump’s support, we’d wager, are people who like his policies and brush off his personality — or try to.

The brashness comes in handy when you make a call like finally moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem — being told “you can’t do that” means little to Trump. So he says some outrageous things on Twitter, who cares?

But is that really the president you want to be, sir? The president for whom people disregard half or even most of what you say as irrelevant?

Tuesday was a good day — the economy showed signs of life, lockdowns were ending. You gave the press something else to talk about, and trust us, you did not look like the bigger man. You might be making your enemies angry, but you’re making allies tune out.

There’s something worse than being hated. It’s being ignored.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

From the article.     Ok while the dufus in chief thinks he speaks for conservatives by saying he wants to protect conservative voices, he does so by proposing a very very UN-conservative thing:  Strongly regulate and close down businesses in a free market who happen to be or say/do things he opposes. Sounds like a very communistic thing to me.

He never was a conservative and does not have the mental capacity or consistency to be one.

The president can’t unilaterally regulate or close the companies, which would require action by Congress or the Federal Communications Commission. But that didn’t stop Trump from angrily issuing a strong warning.

Claiming tech giants “silence conservative voices,” Trump tweeted, “We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”

And he repeated his unsubstantiated claim — which sparked his latest showdown with Silicon Valley — that expanding mail-in voting “would be a free for all on cheating, forgery and the theft of Ballots.”

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

From the article.     Ok while the dufus in chief thinks he speaks for conservatives by saying he wants to protect conservative voices, he does so by proposing a very very UN-conservative thing:  Strongly regulate and close down businesses in a free market who happen to be or say/do things he opposes. Sounds like a very communistic thing to me.

He never was a conservative and does not have the mental capacity or consistency to be one.

And yet his base will back him 100% on it

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

God trumps Trump.

I mean, if Twitter is going to take this approach with this stuff, they've got to treat everyone equally.

The president should not receive any special treatment to spew absolute garbage BS moreso than any of the rest of us.

I get that it's kind of a free-speech debate but Twitter is a private platform. In general I'm in favor of letting everything fly and letting the public sort it out but unfortunately Trump has a gigantic legion of morons at his beck and call to help propagate whatever crap he spoonfeeds them and harass people who go against him. But it seems like Twitter has decided we've got to all just live with this now on their platform.

Makes Trump look like a sociopath though for him to know this is causing pain and anguish for this young woman's widower and just does it anyway.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I mean, if Twitter is going to take this approach with this stuff, they've got to treat everyone equally.

The president should not receive any special treatment to spew absolute garbage BS moreso than any of the rest of us.

I get that it's kind of a free-speech debate but Twitter is a private platform. In general I'm in favor of letting everything fly and letting the public sort it out but unfortunately Trump has a gigantic legion of morons at his beck and call to help propagate whatever crap he spoonfeeds them and harass people who go against him. But it seems like Twitter has decided we've got to all just live with this now on their platform.

Makes Trump look like a sociopath though for him to know this is causing pain and anguish for this young woman's widower and just does it anyway.

I totally agree. But it sure is fun to see Trump get trumped. This next one is even more outrageous, but I sure got a good laugh out of it... :D

• Haha 1

Can we talk about how completely full of s#!t Zuckerberg is?

He has the gall to criticize Twitter (admittedly they deserve some - I don't know how you fact-check a tweet about mail-in voting and look the other way while the president suggests a TV personality murdered someone without an ounce of evidence) for taking the tiniest step at reigning in Trump's BS.

Meanwhile he heads to Fox News to declare Facebook is a high-minded platform that cherishes the First Amendment and would never dream of censoring the president (or offending Republicans delicate sensibilities).

It's all a BS act. He wants to continue raking in cash and avoid angering Republicans who could regulate him.

Zuck has been some combination of corrupted and/or intimidated into doing Trump and the GOP's bidding. He's working for the bad guys.

Which sucks, because Facebook is the go-to source for moronic conspiracy theories and GOP derp to make the rounds. Spreads like wildfire there.

• Thanks 2

This is pathetic, sad, and dangerous on so many levels.    She ends up saying that Morning Joe has to answer questions and not trump.  What kind of death to the soul does one have to experience to be an apologist for this president??

• Plus1 1