A man you can bait with a Tweet

Yes, I agree. Stimulus spending just doesn't have the same patriotic oomph that defense spending does, however.

I love the F-35. It's a beautiful plane. Like many other military technology projects, malignment in its early years may yet result in refinement as it matures. That said, the way that military projects creatively entrench themselves -- by spreading out their jobs impact to a lot of different states and make it politically costly for an awful number of politicians to oppose them -- *should* be challenged.

No, I'm saying they spread it out for the express purpose of making burgeoning projects impossible to kill.

I don't have any solutions really, but it's something I'd be encouraged to see challenged. There's not enough accountability there, but of course, if I'm on the company's side I engineer as much protection for the project as I can, to shield it from political whimsy. I suppose there's arguments for both sides here.

Infrastructure spending is pretty important. We definitely need to make a ton of improvements there. It would be a great jobs generator, too.

Did anyone look at the infrastructure plan they floated a few weeks ago? Didn't it essentially boil down to giving tax breaks to private companies to create new infrastructure for us, after which they can collect tolls on the roads? If so, I'd much rather have the program administered by the government.

I actually thought the F-35's troubles were a very nonpartisan source of concern. There's a lot of coverage on it at Jalopnik; you can start here and click through to see some of these arguments fleshed out more.

Back on the topic of Twitter:

The Trump campaign’s feud with Twitter began when the campaign wanted to pay Twitter to add an emoji of a bag of money flying away anytime a Twitter user typed the hashtag #CrookedHillary. Twitter has offered this kind of “custom emoji” service to a number of deep-pocketed advertising customers. But according to a senior Trump campaign official, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey balked at the request, and the Trump campaign retaliated by canceling their advertising deal with Twitter.

Wow, that's extraordinary. Good for Twitter for not playing along.

Now if only we could create an emoji and get Twitter to use it anytime someone typed #TinyManHands or #OrangeChaGladYouElectedTrump ... will take suggestions of #Hastags that would trigger it as well as emoji's from the group.

I'm thinking:

#TinyManHands

#OrangeYouGladYouElectedHim

and for emoji's:

A smiley with a clan hat on, wearing a business suit with a Russian sickle in one hand and a big pot of money in the other.

A big flashing sign that says "Got Cha USA"! or "Rigged by Russia"

LOL....sometimes critics writings are so ridiculous it's funny.

I love a really good restaurant. However, this is the type of place I would have no desire to eat at. No, it's not because Trump won the election..etc. I just lose my appetite when someone famous like this thinks I am going to want to eat things named after his children..etc....when that the kid probably has nothing to do with that dish let alone actually eats it.

It's no different than my aversion to anything related to Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.