A man you can bait with a Tweet

You know The Donald has struck a nerve with the media when Fox News defends CNN.

What a time to be alive.

Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith defended CNN on Wednesday after Donald Trump accused the network of being “fake news” at a news conference for reporting on the existence of a Russian dossier of unverified allegations about the president-elect.

“President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said, drawing a distinction between CNN’s reporting and that of BuzzFeed News, which released the entire contents of the Russian dossier.

“Though we at Fox News cannot confirm CNN’s report, it is our observation that its correspondents followed journalistic standards,” Smith said. “Neither they, nor any other journalists, should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”

• Fire 4

Wow....that's nice to see from Fox. I wonder how many of their sheep actually paid attention to what was said.

Trump's problem with CNN is that he knows a lot of people are going to watch them AND, the very frustrating fact that they are going to ask tough questions and report on things he doesn't want to discuss.

He's made the probably not incorrect calculation that companies will actively seek this kind of succor, if not at least to avoid bearing the brunt of his hostility.

Do not look to large corporations for principled moral stands against the Trump administration. At best we can exert our own, cumulative public pressure on this companies. It will take a lot to even register that against the kind of pressure Trump wields.

Sorry, there are just a handful of people I hold in such high regard that I think they are pretty much beyond reproach. This is one of them.

You've gone too far Donnie - remember how you were begging the black population to give you a chance in the fall because, "how much worse can it get"? You're about to see how getting a very active group of people (that were fairly united against you already) engaged and motivated for one cause feels. #goodtrouble

• Fire 1

Sorry, there are just a handful of people I hold in such high regard that I think they are pretty much beyond reproach. This is one of them.

You've gone too far Donnie - remember how you were begging the black population to give you a chance in the fall because, "how much worse can it get"? You're about to see how getting a very active group of people (that were fairly united against you already) engaged and motivated for one cause feels. #goodtrouble

looks like Donnie is calling for his brownshirts to take action.