A man you can bait with a Tweet

I wonder what the Trumpers would be saying if Hillary had decided to order this uninformed, failed raid after eating dinner with her son in law.

I'm sure I'll get as many responses to this as I have for my "How can you justify putting Rick Perry in charge of the nukes?" question.

• Fire 1

A couple thoughts on the raid that I'll place here since that's where this topic is right now. It's a shame that a Navy Seal's death (or anyone who has or will sacrifice for this country in some manner) will now be used as a political football.

As far as the raid itself. I'm not going to fault Trump for ordering it yet. I haven't read too much about it, but let's remeber Obama order probably one of the riskies covert operations of all time; with very minimal intelligence that the target they were after was their. The only difference is that his mission accomplished it's main objective and no US personel were killed. It could have, and almost did go very badly. Sometimes you just have to make a call from your gut as a leader and hope for the best. That's not what the general public wants to hear, but it's the truth.

I find no fault for him ordering it if it was based on facts (which admittedly I don't know - hasn't been my point in all this).

What you've defined above ZRod is the difference between a "Successful" mission and a "failed" one. No matter the amount of time planning, risks, facts of the day or beforehand the mission Obama ran had no deaths other than the one they went out to target. Trump accomplished exactly the opposite. It was a failure.

You set a goal - if you hit it = success. If you miss = failure. I'm sure the goal wasn't to kill civilians, a seal and not the target. But maybe I'm wrong.

That's fine if it was a failure of the main objective. In the sense of the word, not it's ramifications. It can also still be a success from an intelligence gathering standpoint. It may be too soon to tell.

It just rubs me the wrong way that someone who gave their all for this country is now being dragged through that mud by both sides. Same as Bengahzi. I'm not one who's prone to emotional bouts, but it makes me pretty sad and a little sick.

I totally understand what you're saying and agree. My hang up is with his semantics, which are yet more lies. He should be respecting what this mission was - it is absolutely not a moment to celebrate. A bit of humility and respect is due here - he seems incapable of expressing those basic qualities.

• Fire 1

I totally understand what you're saying and agree. My hang up is with his semantics, which are yet more lies. He should be respecting what this mission was - it is absolutely not a moment to celebrate. A bit of humility and respect is due here - he seems incapable of expressing those basic qualities.

Totally agreed. The best leader own up to mistakes, failures, slip ups, or set backs. So far something we haven't seen.
  • Fire 1

A woman of few words, but she makes em' count. This should add to his morning cup o' joe meltdown.

I'd hoped a silver lining of Trump getting elected is that Hillary would disappear from the national stage.

Yes. But I'm afraid she's going to try to rally the base in much the same way Sarah Palin has. I'd hoped both Clinton & Palin would just go away. Oh well.
  • Fire 1