Crazy crap Mark Banker says

Some Bankerisms from his weekday press conference following the Oregon win:

"We had the least amount of yards after contact. - The problem with that is if you don't contact someone and they run far, it doesn't count."

I like that. We were able to knock them down when we made contact with them. Too bad there were so many times we couldn't even make contact with them until they were half way down the field.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

About going against Ohio State in recruiting:

"You can't replace winning with absolutely anything. You can show all the fluff, and all the other things that are important as well to a student-athlete, but, you know, the tie goes to the runner, right? I mean, the tie is going to go to the winner, I mean, whoever is out there.... you know, its like the tide, when it goes in, and back out.

You know, what we need to do is we need to update some of the dates on the nice crystal trophies that we have, and things like that...... We need to win on that level"

• Fire 3

About going against Ohio State in recruiting:

"You can't replace winning with absolutely anything. You can show all the fluff, and all the other things that are important as well to a student-athlete, but, you know, the tie goes to the runner, right? I mean, the tie is going to go to the winner, I mean, whoever is out there.... you know, its like the tide, when it goes in, and back out.

You know, what we need to do is we need to update some of the dates on the nice crystal trophies that we have, and things like that...... We need to win on that level"

Translation-Winning cures everything!

• 2 weeks later...

"When you look back at it, as funny as it sounds, there are a lot of positive things in that (Ohio State) game," Banker said. "The good news is, we're not playing Ohio State necessarily right now. At the same time, this is a dangerous (Maryland) team from the standpoint that they're going to do anything they can to score points.

"They've been in what we call a Daffy Duck formation, where part of the offensive line is over there, the other part is over here, and the receivers are scattered all over the place. They're in empty, then they motion (players) back into the backfield. They have double passes. They have a reverse pass. They're doing everything in their power to try to score points.

LJS

"When you look back at it, as funny as it sounds, there are a lot of positive things in that (Ohio State) game," Banker said. "The good news is, we're not playing Ohio State necessarily right now. At the same time, this is a dangerous (Maryland) team from the standpoint that they're going to do anything they can to score points.

"They've been in what we call a Daffy Duck formation, where part of the offensive line is over there, the other part is over here, and the receivers are scattered all over the place. They're in empty, then they motion (players) back into the backfield. They have double passes. They have a reverse pass. They're doing everything in their power to try to score points.

LJS

The audacity of some teams.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

Saw these today.

— Banker joked that Nebraska has been using Miracle Gro instead of Gatorade to prepare for the size of Tennessee's skill position players.

— Nebraska's coaching staff is excited about the possibility of Antonio Reed and Lamar Jackson getting a crack in Friday's game. "I joked that Antonio Reed only plays in bowl games," Banker said after Tuesday's practice.

— Nebraska's coaching staff will take part in a karaoke contest on Tuesday night. Banker called linebackers coach Trent Bray a "Karaoke Champion."

• Fire 1