WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I'm surprised that everyone is quick to say he should lose his job. In the real world this might happen if driving was a requirement of the job, but in not many other circumstances that I'm aware of. Poor judgement - yes. Needs help - yes. Gets fired - seems a pretty dramatic move to me.

When your job involves being a public ambassador, an educator, and a mentor to young men, it's a different scenario and our football program can not in any way endorse this wreckless behavior or send a message that we disapprove, but we're not going to make you suffer any consequences.

Fair enough. I guess there is still some gray in it for me based on not knowing the entire story. I don't doubt Riley will do right by Williams and the team. Do we know how long ago the other 2 DUIs were? Also, what ended up happening with the USC coach that had similar issues this year?

He was fired.

different situations, Sarkisian had a drinking issue that was noted back to his time at Washington and had several public appearances of intoxication, as well as accusations of being drunk during games. I don't know KW's entire background, not to say he couldn't be canned either, but as far as news/information gathered these are apples and oranges scenarios.

He was also the head coach, much bigger deal in the University's eyes I'm sure. He was the representative for the entire team and, because of the high profile sport he coached, the entire athletic department.