WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

Trying to get sober(forever not just a few months) is probably going to require every ounce of strength and courage that he can muster. Then throw in the pressure of a being an assistant at a high profile university in which every move is scrutinized. He would earn some of my respect back if he announced that we was taking a temporary leave of absence to work on his demons and ask the university if they will allow him to come back at a later date. As the saying goes, the program works if you work it. The most loving thing to do is hold him accountable for his actions.

• Fire 1

Tom Shatel hit the nail on the head. He needs to be sat down and basically told we trust you to never do this again or you're gone. Get help and come back and prove to everyone why you're the best.

...but first get those five star receivers on board...
Did I say that? Did anyone else say that? That's irrelevant at this point. I'd rather see him get help and come back better than ever then get a 5 star receiver this year.
  • Fire 1

I've lost a very good friend to a drunk driver and I am 13 years sober from some significant substance abuse problems. Some of you live is a very black and white world, may work for you but isn't aligned with reality for most of us.

1. I know lots of drunks/ addicts that are the most intelligent and talented people. They are amazing at what they do but at some point things come apart.

2. It is very possible he could be a great coach, teacher and mentor of young men and still be battling his own demons behind the scenes.

3. The dates of the previous DUI's, and Riley's comments could imply that he is someone that got his life together and has now relapsed. Who knows how long ago that relapse started? It usually takes a while until something bad happens so maybe he's been drinking again for a while.

4. For someone with real drinking/ drug problems there is no consequence strong enough to get you to stop, that is how bad drug and drinking problems work. There is also no excuse for relapsing once you've put time together. The job pressure is an excuse, as is any other excuse- although excuses are a great skill of the addict/ alcoholic.

5. I could see great benefit to a very strict plan of recovery, and earning back trust. It could b a great teaching moment as well but if the university gets rid of him- well he earned it.

6. There is nothing about keeping him that makes 'us' look bad as the decisions of the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team have nothing to do with my life, my integrity, my self-esteem, or my reputation. Yours either, knuckleheads.

7. Our football program has plenty of social blemishes including many that happened under during the tenure of Saint TO. Once again, delusional knuckleheads.

8. Bo was fired for his behavior AND bc/ he lost too many big games. If he was in the top 10 every year he could've called me a C*** everyday of the year. It's true for most of you as well whether you admit it or not.

9. DUI is serious and he could've killed someone but he didn't so that doesn't apply here.

10. The same rules do not apply to everybody. Yep, that is all.

11. I feel for his family, and his WR's.

12. Most of you are lying about how many times you have driven drunk.

Great post.

I've lost a very good friend to a drunk driver and I am 13 years sober from some significant substance abuse problems. Some of you live is a very black and white world, may work for you but isn't aligned with reality for most of us.

1. I know lots of drunks/ addicts that are the most intelligent and talented people. They are amazing at what they do but at some point things come apart.

2. It is very possible he could be a great coach, teacher and mentor of young men and still be battling his own demons behind the scenes.

3. The dates of the previous DUI's, and Riley's comments could imply that he is someone that got his life together and has now relapsed. Who knows how long ago that relapse started? It usually takes a while until something bad happens so maybe he's been drinking again for a while.

4. For someone with real drinking/ drug problems there is no consequence strong enough to get you to stop, that is how bad drug and drinking problems work. There is also no excuse for relapsing once you've put time together. The job pressure is an excuse, as is any other excuse- although excuses are a great skill of the addict/ alcoholic.

5. I could see great benefit to a very strict plan of recovery, and earning back trust. It could b a great teaching moment as well but if the university gets rid of him- well he earned it.

6. There is nothing about keeping him that makes 'us' look bad as the decisions of the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team have nothing to do with my life, my integrity, my self-esteem, or my reputation. Yours either, knuckleheads.

7. Our football program has plenty of social blemishes including many that happened during the tenure of Saint TO. Once again, delusional knuckleheads.

8. Bo was fired for his behavior AND bc/ he lost too many big games. If he was in the top 10 every year he could've called me a C*** everyday of the year. It's true for most of you as well whether you admit it or not.

9. DUI is serious and he could've killed someone but he didn't so that doesn't apply here.

Post of the year. Do we have a trophy for this?

7. Our football program has plenty of social blemishes including many that happened during the tenure of Saint TO. Once again, delusional knuckleheads.

tumblr_inline_ndkn7hBep91sb080b.gif

Well said.

• Fire 1

How exactly would he even do his job? He will lose his license for a very long time (15 years???). His job requires him to travel a lot and drive a lot to visit recruits. How the hell would he even do that? Can you imagine how expensive that would be to hire someone to come with you everywhere you go just to drive?

He will probably get the charges reduced. He might need to borrow Riley's bike for a while, or have Bando find him one.

People! Doesn't matter the breathalyzer reading! That's only a tool to establish reasonable cause. The real BAC is derived from the blood test. We may never know what that was. BREATHALYZER RESULTS ARE NOT ADMISSIBLE IN COURT. Stop speculating

Where have they ruled that? It's not how the statute reads.

Intoxilzer is the device that they use in court. A breathalyzer is used road side is not admissible in court...
Cool. I was looking around for word one way or the other but couldn't find it.

It's possible that really helped him depending on how long they were delayed from the time of insurance exchange fiasco and the actual admissible test.

I suppose there are differences between agencies, cities, states. I do know if there is a blood test it is cut and dry. Good attorneys absolutely love to get ahold of poorly administered and improperly calibrated tests. The intoxilyzer is indeed quite an advanced machine compared to the field version. Admittedly, I don't know for fact what Lincoln uses.

Finally a post I can agree with,and relate to. I've been down this road,and am happy to say since Aug. 29, 1980 I have been sober. People can change,if they want to.Really like #12 in you post.

Lets get something straight, just because he got a DUI does NOT mean he is an alcoholic. I see a lot of posters on here talking about drinking problems and demons and all that stuff. Nobody knows how much he drinks on a daily basis or if any at all. For all we know, this could have been the first time since his last incident he has drank. Not everyone who drinks and drives is an alcoholic. A lot of people who drive home after having some drinka do it because its cheaper ans more convenient, not because they are raging alcoholics and have personal demons. Over the past couple years Ive realized driving after going to say, the Benson area in Omaha is not worth it. So ive started taking uber. There are times I still want to drive myself because its more convenient than waiting for a cab to pick you up and paying an extra $25-40. I drink maybe 2-3 times a month. If I decided one night to drive myself and got a DUI, it wouldnt make me an alcoholic, it would make me an idiot. Lets the stop the Keith Williams is an alcoholic speculation.

• Fire 8

Great post!!!!